Endura4/ Delica4 washers ?

It seems that i can't find any info about it, Does the new Delicas/Enduras have any washers ? If do, are they nylotron ?

There was a thread about this on the Spyderco forum a while back. They're supposed to be phosphor bronze, but it appears some made it out with the nylon washers. I'll see if I can dig up that thread.

Thanks for helping, man. Wow - bronze in that price range. Indeed hard to beat for that price.

Took mine apart today, stinkin' film washers:thumbdn: they even needed two of them to make the pivot work:thumbdn: Sal, I love the Spyderco idealogical, but FILM washers? Even so., I will never stop buying Spyderco!:thumbup: We (I) really appriciate you being here on the fourms!:thumbup:

Damn i'm confused now, are they nylon or bronze ?

EDIT: disregard that, i read link to spyderco forum you gave me, sorry :foot:

I just read the link and have to say that really I don't have a problem with Kapton washers as a whole. What i will say is that they are very easily damaged and the fact that they have to be stacked to create thickness is very concerning to me. I am a person who, when purchases a knife and choses to disasemble said knife, will under no circumstances try to hold a company responsible for my actions. I would have just rather seen PB washers instead. I suffer from the "tinker" gean. I will modify a knife at the drop of a hat. I fact, you should see what I have done to my D4.

smcfalls13 said:

Thanks. I also had the clear orange washers on my FRN Delica 4, but the stainless model, from what I can see, sure looks like it has metal washers. The FRN one I got might have been one of the first 5 or 10 sold, as I bought it on ebay when no other source had them. I bought the stainless model later, not sure if time means anything on those.

Carl64 said:
Thanks. I also had the clear orange washers on my FRN Delica 4, but the stainless model, from what I can see, sure looks like it has metal washers. The FRN one I got might have been one of the first 5 or 10 sold, as I bought it on ebay when no other source had them. I bought the stainless model later, not sure if time means anything on those.

I bought mine the same way, off Ebay before any other dealers had them. Could have been that first batch.