Enjoying the Sylverfalcen rustic wrap

I have wanted to pick up a Sylverfalcen for sometime now. I have also wanted to try one of the rustic wrap knives. Recently I was able to snag this one off the Fiddleback flea market and ride two trains with one ticket. I have only had it for a short while, but I have been enjoying using it. I slipped it into a Joufuu sheath I picked up a few years back. I like how thin and small it is and how easy it is to add to a pack or carry.

I recently dropped it tip down into my wood floor. At 3/32", I thought for sure the tip would be damaged. When I first looked at it, it appeared that the tip had bent, but luckily it was just a piece of my wood floor on the tip. :D The knife was still perfect. I was glad it didn't land on my foot as I wasn't wearing shoes at the time.

So far it has been a great little knife. My wife even stated that although she thought it was very strange, she really liked it. She said she liked the look of it and even the handle. Coming from someone that does not share my love of knives (or at least my desire to own many of them), that was a pretty big compliment.

Here are a few pics of it from various outings. The last pics are from a family trip to the woods on Sunday where we collected some stinging nettle to add to our dinner.

It is a great little slicer.

I was very nervous watching my son carve a little spear with it because it lacks a guard, but he did a great job.

We ran into some fellow hikers and saw some edible and utilitarian plants.

I look forward to taking it on more adventures.

Last edited:
Awesome! I really like the looks of the rustic wraps, but I haven't found the right one yet. Little miners lettuce too? :thumbsup:

Awesome! I really like the looks of the rustic wraps, but I haven't found the right one yet. Little miners lettuce too? :thumbsup:

Thanks! I have been tempted by quite a few of the rustic wraps, but usually I am too slow. The lower price on them makes them much easier to sneak into the fold. There are a couple other models I would grab if I could like the recluse and maybe a nessie.

Yes. There was lots of fresh miner’s lettuce Claytonia perfoliata and chickweed Stellaria media -(I didn’t get any shots of the chickweed). There is also a shot of some horsetail coming up. For those that haven’t tried it horsetail Equisetum can be used as a makeshift sandpaper because all the silica in it.

great post hasco hasco
The rustic wraps are exceptionally well suited for pocket/ lo-pro carry. I have a Surls Shortmuk "wrapped" and it is fantastic as it virtually disappears in the pocket.
Great pics too!

you have been knocking it outta the park lately Tod:thumbsup:

Thanks! I have been tempted by quite a few of the rustic wraps, but usually I am too slow. The lower price on them makes them much easier to sneak into the fold. There are a couple other models I would grab if I could like the recluse and maybe a nessie.

Yes. There was lots of fresh miner’s lettuce Claytonia perfoliata and chickweed Stellaria media -(I didn’t get any shots of the chickweed). There is also a shot of some horsetail coming up. For those that haven’t tried it horsetail Equisetum can be used as a makeshift sandpaper because all the silica in it.

Very nice, I'm jealous! I have used the horsetail, and also juncus which is another rush, for cleaning out cooking stuff. Works great!

I have wanted to pick up a Sylverfalcen for sometime now. I have also wanted to try one of the rustic wrap knives. Recently I was able to snag this one off the Fiddleback flea market and ride two trains with one ticket. I have only had it for a short while, but I have been enjoying using it. I slipped it into a Joufuu sheath I picked up a few years back. I like how thin and small it is and how easy it is to add to a pack or carry.

I recently dropped it tip down into my wood floor. At 3/32", I thought for sure the tip would be damaged. When I first looked at it, it appeared that the tip had bent, but luckily it was just a piece of my wood floor on the tip. :D The knife was still perfect. I was glad it didn't land on my foot as I wasn't wearing shoes at the time.

So far it has been a great little knife. My wife even stated that although she thought it was very strange, she really liked it. She said she liked the look of it and even the handle. Coming from someone that does not share my love of knives (or at least my desire to own many of them), that was a pretty big compliment.

Here are a few pics of it from various outings. The last pics are from a family trip to the woods on Sunday where we collected some stinging nettle to add to our dinner.

It is a great little slicer.

I was very nervous watching my son carve a little spear with it because it lacks a guard, but he did a great job.

We ran into some fellow hikers and saw some edible and utilitarian plants.

I look forward to taking it on more adventures.

I like the looks of that wrapped SlvrFalcn. And I really like my rustic wraps [even though I've had to part ways with a few]. I concur with VANCE VANCE my Surls wrapped Shortmuk is a fine one to carry in the pocket. It's been awhile since I've had some horsetail tea! Super Post and awesome photographs.

great post hasco hasco
The rustic wraps are exceptionally well suited for pocket/ lo-pro carry. I have a Surls Shortmuk "wrapped" and it is fantastic as it virtually disappears in the pocket.
Great pics too!

you have been knocking it outta the park lately Tod:thumbsup:

Thanks Phillip!

Yes, the low profile carry is a definite plus!

Great post. I love seeing these get used. I get a lot of compliments on the Rustic Wraps at shows and events. Its something I'm very glad we started to do. Makes the knife functional in a totaly different way than a sculpted handle. The thinness of it, and the weight. Really makes a neato knife.

Great post. I love seeing these get used. I get a lot of compliments on the Rustic Wraps at shows and events. Its something I'm very glad we started to do. Makes the knife functional in a totaly different way than a sculpted handle. The thinness of it, and the weight. Really makes a neato knife.

Thanks Andy! I love using your knives. I agree the rustic wraps are something different and special in their own way.

Back