enzo trapper and rc-3

hey all i dont know how many of you read knives illustrated, but i jsut got my issue yesterday and there was a peice in there comparing the enzo and the rc-3. if the enzo is being compared to the rc-3 then i am glad i got mine. damn good knife. check it out peeps. a few of us here have it and i dont think we were dissapointed.

I have both. The Enzo is a great knife, you can buy it in a kit from bens backwoods. I scored a RC3 off a fellow forumite and it is a great value for the dollar too. Both have comfortable handles and are easy to maintain and sharpen. Due to the sheath system, I think the RC is easier to EDC.

I hear you! I'm thinking of pulling trigger on one myself.

DO IT! dont even think twice. for $70 it is hard to beat. the 0-1 takes a killer edge and it is great being able to do the handles for the most part yourself. If you dont like it...well give it to me!:D

I have an Ontario RAT-3 which is a fairly good, all-around knife. I don;t have any RC's yet.

Here's an O1 Trapper kit from Ben's.

ENZO-dtl-08.jpg

ENZO-KnifeSheath-dtl-03.jpg

I have an Ontario RAT-3 which is a fairly good, all-around knife. I don;t have any RC's yet.

Here's an O1 Trapper kit from Ben's.

ENZO-dtl-08.jpg

ENZO-KnifeSheath-dtl-03.jpg

Nice, i have an O1 Enzo myself.
They are great little knives!
I bought the kit model with the birds eye birch handle.
Its slightly different than yours in that i made the handle portion extra long so the wood goes right up to the beginning of the cutting edge.
I expected to see some rust/corrosion on the O1 blade this summer but its still shiny.
However the brass corby bolts have tarnished in a strange pattern.
I need to polish the brass i guess.
This is the first time i've used corby bolts on a knife kit, they are so much better/easier to use than the old fashioned rivets.

I usually buy stuff from bensbackwoods but i found the enzo kit on sale cheaper from another ebay seller.
Kit included O1 Enzo blade, leather sheath, corby bolts, red liner and the birdseye birch panels, all for 58$.

Stretch, outstanding job on the sheath, that one is super nice:thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments DOC and IUKE12! The knife and sheath were for a guy retiring so I no longer have them. He liked it! I ordered another from Ben's (his last one in fact) and so I'll be working on another soon.

That was not my first sheath, but it was the first time I made a knife! It's a kit, I know, but it took alot of patience to get the brass even with the scales and not overheat the woodworking or brass.

Hey THOLIVER, I've heard of guys extending the scales closer to the cutting edge. I saw these great ENZO knives on this site: Check them out!
http://forums.outdoors-magazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12451

Heres my Enzo, plus friends.
smallfixedblades.jpg

Imperial (Carbon Steel), Mora 2000, Mora Carbon steel kit, Mora Triflex, Mora Clipper (stainless), Mora River knife (?), Mora Kit (laminated), Buck 102, Enzo O1 with Curly Birch.

Last edited:
man enzo knives dont get enough credit. these are affordable and built like tanks. everyone should own atleast one...

Thanks for the compliments DOC and IUKE12! The knife and sheath were for a guy retiring so I no longer have them. He liked it! I ordered another from Ben's (his last one in fact) and so I'll be working on another soon.

That was not my first sheath, but it was the first time I made a knife! It's a kit, I know, but it took alot of patience to get the brass even with the scales and not overheat the woodworking or brass.

Hey THOLIVER, I've heard of guys extending the scales closer to the cutting edge. I saw these great ENZO knives on this site: Check them out!
http://forums.outdoors-magazine.com/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=12451

Thanks for the link!
Hmmm makes me want to buy a few more, lol.
The Enzo's with rosewood and ironwood scales look nice as well.

those enzos with different scales are extremly nice. i could go and put nicer scales on mine...hmmmm

In that thread, the Sheoak, Rosewood, and Ironwood scaled ENZOs were made with smaller pins. That really looks classy and dresses it up nicely. I like the rosewood and ironwood too.

I have some rosewood and I'm thinking of using that or wenge when my kit comes in. I'll post some pics when done. :thumbup:

hey all i dont know how many of you read knives illustrated, but i jsut got my issue yesterday and there was a peice in there comparing the enzo and the rc-3.

Hi. I was told this comparison comes in the October issue.
You already got the October 08 issue?

cheers Dennis

Back