1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Error: Message has more than 10,000 characters

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by RamZar, Sep 28, 2020.

1. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
  2. Backyard

Backyard

Jul 19, 2019
    It means you hit the limit (ie: it is too long) and should break your message into more then one post

3. RoyalHolic

RoyalHolic Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2019
    He's saying he wants it expanded @Backyard

I don't think they will on account of spam bots as they could come in and muck things up greatly but they might expand it?

4. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    I know that but that post gets continously updated.

By the way, it works fine on other forums not using XenForo and instead using phpBB and vBulletin.

5. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    I don't think the platform is the issue I believe it is a setting. I would consider putting that info into an externally hosted document and linking it within the original post.

benchwarmer380 likes this.
  6. Backyard

Backyard

Jul 19, 2019
    Your right, I read it as "explain" inside of "expand"

7. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Yes. It's just a XenForo setting for BF. 15,000 characters instead of 10,000 characters will suffice.

8. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    @Spark Please change this setting from 10000 to 15000 characters. Thank you.

In XenForo:
    1- Go to AdminCP -> Options -> Messages :
    First option will be:
    Maximum Message Length
    2. Change it

9. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Any chance this setting can be changed? Please advise either way so I don’t bother anymore.

@Spark Please change this setting from 10000 to 15000 characters. Thank you.

In XenForo:
    1- Go to AdminCP -> Options -> Messages :
    First option will be:
    Maximum Message Length
    2. Change it