1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Norsman, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Überich

Überich

Feb 20, 2011
    well that's what Aristotle would have called trolling. you can look it up under circular argument.

but why don't we just agree that time is precious and leave it at that? ;)

2. Ken C.

Ken C. Jack of all trades, master of none. Staff Member Super Mod

Jun 14, 2000
    Thanks for the support, guys.

Remember, don't drink the Kool-Aid. ;) :D

3. OldPhysics

OldPhysics

Sep 2, 2006
    Too late.

Amy-0 served me Busse Kool-Aid about 5 years ago ... I've never been the same since.:(:eek:

4. TXPigPoacher

TXPigPoacher

Feb 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Maybe y'all should add this one to the smiley list for all of us koolaid drinkers :p

5. TrailWolf

TrailWolf

Apr 13, 2009
    Ugh registration is disabled on the new forum - is there something I'm missing?

EDIT - I'm a moron. Figured it out.

6. texastonydobbs

texastonydobbs

May 25, 2007
    Well said :thumbup:

7. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Thank you, 'mano. :cool:

8. Jaxx

Jaxx Moderator Moderator

Jan 18, 2006
    It is deserved. You are a good guy, and a great asset to this Forum. Keep on rockin', Ken C. :thumbup:

9. Mike G

Mike G

Jul 15, 2000
    No.

There was more to it. Use the search function.

10. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    nevermind, figured this out.....

11. teacher

teacher Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Rhetorical.... ???? Somewhat I guess. And in this case of ESEE & BF, as far as I can see it matters not one bit. Decisions by both parties have been made and that is that. :)

I was mildly curious as to the answer though, so I tried to ask in a mild, non-combative way.

Personally, I find it comical when people at large are 'negatively' lumped into a group by words such as "clique", "fan boy", "cult", etc., etc.; simply because of their knife preferences & likes. I wondered about the use of the word in this case.... simple as that. :)

I like ESEE, CRK, Benchmade, Spyderco, and a whole lot of others... customs included. Probably most of the others here on BF do also. To me it seems those words of description are many times used as a thinly veiled "e-punch" toward an individual or group just because they like a certain brand of knife. The negative use of the words at large just amuse me. ;)

I am not saying this was the case here... I don't know.

Yeah, I agree; I wouldn't put much past a "teacher" either. Heck, I wouldn't put much past 98% of the rest of the population either.... ;)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  12. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Can't argue with your train of thought or the potential conclusions derived therefrom, teach.

It takes all kinds. All we can do here is hope to rely upon the character of our membership and step in when need be.

13. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    teacher
    not all fan boys consider the term a pejorative. Hang out in some of 'those' sub forums if you doubt me. :rolleyes:

14. teacher

teacher Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2001
    It's all good Blues..... :thumbup:
    I think you all do excellent work with a hard job.
    At least I have always been treated fairly. When I did get "dinged"... I deserved it. :)

Hey, I totally agree. I was looking at it more from the intent of the "speaker". [Again, not just relating to this instance. :)..]

15. Bastid

Bastid Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder. Staff Member Super Mod

Feb 27, 2001

Nothing trolling at all.

Just facts on what you posted and that your first conclusions were not based on logic.

Look it up youself.

Why don't we just agree that your initial conclusion was just a trolling gripe had nothing to do with reality then you started grabbing straws.

If you need a definition of trolling you should also look at your posts here. Also look up the definition of nourish.

I do not think it is wise to bring up Aristotle discussions with a full blooded Greek unless you actually know what you are talking about.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  16. Harp247

Harp247

May 11, 2009
    I just stopped by Jeff's trailer, to see if he was ok. Grass is seriously overgrown, half empty lucky lager bottle on the step. One of the tires flat on the trailer and the door swinging open from the wind. Could he be off the wagon again? I sure hope not! :confused:

17. texastonydobbs

texastonydobbs

May 25, 2007
    Trolling there harp

18. JTR357

JTR357

Sep 10, 2007
    I'm sorry to see the ESEE forum go,but I don't think it is in any way Ken C's fault.After all he was just doing his job.

I've seen the same complaint in other subs,ie:"Just let us moderate out own forum & stay out of it".Well SUPER-MODS are charge of moderating the ENTIRE forum.That means every sub-forum guys.

Ken does come across as condescending & sometimes flat out rude at times,but as far as his moderating goes,I feel it's top notch.
    IMO,I think all the Super-Mods could learn a lot from the way Esav does his job.

Anyway,That's my .02

I wish ESEE all the best with their business endeavors.

19. Harp247

Harp247

May 11, 2009
    :thumbup: +1 I also think ESEE sub-forum had their own little "click" of mods. Abused the moderator privledges given them. Also, if you didn't follow like sheep, they didn't like you. That's my opinion. Bladeforums won't suffer. There are some awesome knifemakers here with great products. :thumbup:

20. Tony95

Tony95

Jul 23, 2010
    I read that it said "To Jeff's Request the forum has been closed"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.