ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you have to understand about Jeff and Mike though from what I gathered in the roughly small 7 months I got to spend in the ESEE forums is that they could care less whether they sell one knife or one thousand....they're just really down to earth guys.

I understand the choice to go elsewhere, but I can't say I totally agree with it either(won't bother here...I'll just say what's on my mind to Jeff directly).

It seems like things got a little "different" after the Shot Show this year and I think I "sorta" understand the choice Jeff has made.

Part of the price of a gain in popularity is that you're going to have the doofus factor go up and get an influx of mall ninjas and guys with beer bellys, shaved heads and goatees who never do more than fondle their ESEE knife while sitting on the couch watching TV thinking what tough guys they are. I saw a huge spike in that after the Shot Show...and quite honestly it's why I became a bit less active in the ESEE forum...it got annoying to me. So from that perspective....I truly do understand. I'm not saying that's what Jeff is thinking....I don't know the man...I can only speculate and read between the lines.

Good post Magus, very well put.

Moose

the doofus factor go up and get an influx of mall ninjas and guys with beer bellys, shaved heads and goatees

If it was fat bald men with goatees that caused the forum to close, could you please link a couple of threads as an example ? I want to read the drama ! :thumbup:
:p

Part of the price of a gain in popularity is that you're going to have the doofus factor go up and get an influx of mall ninjas and guys with beer bellys, shaved heads and goatees who never do more than fondle their ESEE knife while sitting on the couch watching TV thinking what tough guys they are. I saw a huge spike in that after the Shot Show...and quite honestly it's why I became a bit less active in the ESEE forum...it got annoying to me. So from that perspective....I truly do understand. I'm not saying that's what Jeff is thinking....I don't know the man...I can only speculate and read between the lines.

:D

:thumbup::thumbup:

Alot of good dudes, but alot of tools as well. I used to spend alot of time over there when RAT/ESEE was just starting out on BF. I really respect Jeff and Mike alot. Good, down to earth, no BS dudes. I really liked the fact that you could talk about whatever gear, regardless of maker, and skills based threads are always good readin. Some forums have become so....well...ah...um....Moderated, that it becomes a PITA to try and post any topic since it might be moved to a more "appropriate" subforum. That makes it frustrating when you dont want a million replies from 12 year old mall ninjas about what you are wanting. I like to post stuff for my friends and other likeminded individuals to weigh in on. Guys whom I trust and value their opinions. People on BF, regualrs anyways tend to stay put in their prefered subforums.. In ESEE, General, Busse, WSS etc......

If this is the end of ESEE and BF, I wish the ESEE crew the best of luck. Thanks for the link to the new forum. Ill have to add it to the favorites list to check in from time to time, and get the skinny on the classes. I have wanted to take a class with them forever.

Kinda strange that this just went down like this. I really dont see it being because of a new forum opening on a differant site, but thats why my name aint red I guess.

Hm. The ESEE sub-forum is one of my favorite spots on BF. I'm not keen on the idea of going to another forum just for my ESEE fix. That said, ESEE will always have my business. Jeff, Mike, Rowen and the rest of the crew have proven time and again that they are honest, upstanding folks. I respect the decision either way. On the other hand, if the ESEE sub-forum would live on here as well . . . .;)

No, wait, I got it, Jeff had it shut down so he can announce that he's ditching the regular ESEE line and making a full featured line of Katanas, ninja stars and throwing knives!

It all makes sense now!

If you look at Jeffs last couple of posts tody he is talking about the sheaths and mispelled a word, someone corrected him on it and he stated I'm in a fight right now. Maybe it's just a disagreement and it will work itself out. I hope you come back here but I think it's safe to say we will follow you wherever you go, not in a stalker kind of way or anything jeff:)

If you look at Jeffs last couple of posts tody he is talking about the sheaths and mispelled a word, someone corrected him on it and he stated I'm in a fight right now. Maybe it's just a disagreement and it will work itself out. I hope you come back here but I think it's safe to say we will follow you wherever you go, not in a stalker kind of way or anything jeff:)

No, Jeff really meant he was in a fight. He was teaching a land nav class, and they were beset upon by a pack of honey badgers, it was all Jeff could do to fight them off and post at the same time. That is one tough 'Bama Man.:D

I was texting him at the same time, to find out what was going on, texting, forums posting, and fight a pack of honey badgers, with a bunch of land nav students. And all he had was a factory warranteed Izula. Don' mess with Jeff Randall, all I'm sayin'.

Moose

Someone busted JR's balls about spelling? What thread was that?

Anyway, the ESEE forum was a good one and I'm sorry to see it go.

My thoughts as well.

Edit: Looks like Mike posted some extra info.

Just read the explaination by Mike. It makes a lot of sense now.

Last edited:
Why is the registration closed on the new forum?

Im all for the new forum, I think it will really focus a lot of the discussions. I have learned sooo much in my short time here. I really appreciate the input everyone gives minus all the BS.

I totally understand where he's coming from. Given what he had to say I stand quite corrected on some of what I said earlier. However, I won't be shocked if this thread gets locked down.

I don't buy it, seems like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A poor excuse at best. I suspect its just a business decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back