ESEE forum closed... bummer.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Norsman, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    Good post Magus, very well put.

Moose

2. gak

gak

Jul 16, 2007
    If it was fat bald men with goatees that caused the forum to close, could you please link a couple of threads as an example ? I want to read the drama ! :thumbup:
    :p

3. j williams

j williams

Nov 14, 2005
    :D

:thumbup::thumbup:

Alot of good dudes, but alot of tools as well. I used to spend alot of time over there when RAT/ESEE was just starting out on BF. I really respect Jeff and Mike alot. Good, down to earth, no BS dudes. I really liked the fact that you could talk about whatever gear, regardless of maker, and skills based threads are always good readin. Some forums have become so....well...ah...um....Moderated, that it becomes a PITA to try and post any topic since it might be moved to a more "appropriate" subforum. That makes it frustrating when you dont want a million replies from 12 year old mall ninjas about what you are wanting. I like to post stuff for my friends and other likeminded individuals to weigh in on. Guys whom I trust and value their opinions. People on BF, regualrs anyways tend to stay put in their prefered subforums.. In ESEE, General, Busse, WSS etc......

If this is the end of ESEE and BF, I wish the ESEE crew the best of luck. Thanks for the link to the new forum. Ill have to add it to the favorites list to check in from time to time, and get the skinny on the classes. I have wanted to take a class with them forever.

Kinda strange that this just went down like this. I really dont see it being because of a new forum opening on a differant site, but thats why my name aint red I guess.

4. BenchmadeBoy

BenchmadeBoy

Sep 4, 2005
    Hm. The ESEE sub-forum is one of my favorite spots on BF. I'm not keen on the idea of going to another forum just for my ESEE fix. That said, ESEE will always have my business. Jeff, Mike, Rowen and the rest of the crew have proven time and again that they are honest, upstanding folks. I respect the decision either way. On the other hand, if the ESEE sub-forum would live on here as well . . . .;)

5. jeff_c

jeff_c

Jun 9, 2009
    So to eliminate drama they close the forum in a very dramatic way??

6. Lost Cosmonaut

Lost Cosmonaut

Mar 10, 2011
    No, wait, I got it, Jeff had it shut down so he can announce that he's ditching the regular ESEE line and making a full featured line of Katanas, ninja stars and throwing knives!

It all makes sense now!

7. sar5

sar5

Jan 15, 2011
    If you look at Jeffs last couple of posts tody he is talking about the sheaths and mispelled a word, someone corrected him on it and he stated I'm in a fight right now. Maybe it's just a disagreement and it will work itself out. I hope you come back here but I think it's safe to say we will follow you wherever you go, not in a stalker kind of way or anything jeff:)

8. Moosez45

Moosez45 Custom Antlers, Factory Knives... Moderator

Jul 14, 2010
    No, Jeff really meant he was in a fight. He was teaching a land nav class, and they were beset upon by a pack of honey badgers, it was all Jeff could do to fight them off and post at the same time. That is one tough 'Bama Man.:D

I was texting him at the same time, to find out what was going on, texting, forums posting, and fight a pack of honey badgers, with a bunch of land nav students. And all he had was a factory warranteed Izula. Don' mess with Jeff Randall, all I'm sayin'.

Moose

9. bladerique

bladerique

Aug 31, 2010
    Someone busted JR's balls about spelling? What thread was that?

Anyway, the ESEE forum was a good one and I'm sorry to see it go.

10. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    My thoughts as well.

Edit: Looks like Mike posted some extra info.

11. bladerique

bladerique

Aug 31, 2010
    Cool! The wheels are in motion.

Now back to our regularly scheduled bum-out.

12. Bridog

Bridog

Jul 22, 2009
    Just read the explaination by Mike. It makes a lot of sense now.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  13. Magus

Magus

Sep 10, 2010
    Makes sense for sure.

14. sar5

sar5

Jan 15, 2011
    I see hope it all works out

15. tonym

tonym

Mar 18, 2008
    I have a feeling it will work itself out guys, just hang in there.

16. YODELAYHEHOO

YODELAYHEHOO

Jan 24, 2011
    Why is the registration closed on the new forum?

Im all for the new forum, I think it will really focus a lot of the discussions. I have learned sooo much in my short time here. I really appreciate the input everyone gives minus all the BS.

17. Horridus

Horridus

Sep 25, 2009
    There is a sticky in the new forum explaining how to register.

18. JimSocks

JimSocks

Sep 14, 2008
    lets hope the super moderators give in and let them mod their own sub-forums.

19. mat_890

mat_890

Mar 19, 2010
    I don't buy it, seems like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. A poor excuse at best. I suspect its just a business decision.

20. tonym

tonym

Mar 18, 2008
    I'm still wondering why it's blue:confused:

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.