esee lite machete on dual survivor

Was watching dual survivor the other day and they really put the esee lite machete to work.I'm pretty sure they were in the everglades ,I had to leave for bar so I'm not sure.I know the guy that's always running around barefoot has a custom blind horse,so he knows good knives . I'm hoping for more esee s in new episodes.

Wooooops it was brazil went into archives ,apparently I wasn't the only person to notice haha.

dude no. Dave C has the BHK and Cody has a mora and Idk if its a ESEE machete cause dave has a pathfinder machete and the blade on that comes from EL Salvador as well.

The ESEE and Pathfinder machete are one in the same, just different logos on the blade.

-Connor

Yeah ,just type dual survivor esee into google and a whole thread pops up explaining everything .

Dave deserves every penny. Being a TV personality isn't as high paying as everyone wants to think.

Dave deserves every penny. Being a TV personality isn't as high paying as everyone wants to think.

Agreed - and when you consider all the work (it's not a job, it's a lifestyle) that he DOESN'T get paid for, he deserves the money even more so.

If he makes a couple dollars from the canteen shop for selling a shirt or hammock, more power to him... he made hundreds of YouTube videos and demonstrated a LOT of very useful techniques for free.

I'm a big Dave Canterbury (and Cody Lundin) fan, and I'm sure you didn't mean any disrespect, but I had to stick up for them... it's a tough way to make a living.

he made hundreds of YouTube videos and demonstrated a LOT of very useful techniques for free.

That seems to be the first thing I think people take for granted. I have enjoyed and learned from Dave's YouTube videos and think they are a great reference to go back to. Not to mention their show is my favorite. :thumbup:

Agreed - and when you consider all the work (it's not a job, it's a lifestyle) that he DOESN'T get paid for, he deserves the money even more so.

If he makes a couple dollars from the canteen shop for selling a shirt or hammock, more power to him... he made hundreds of YouTube videos and demonstrated a LOT of very useful techniques for free.
:thumbup::thumbup:
I've watched enough of Dave's videos, I feel I almost owe it to him to buy some of his products, like donating to a non-profit organization you've been benefiting from. He's a great guy.
That said, ESEE is a great company, don't mind buying from them either.

I liked the DS show but almost feel bad for both Dave and Cody - Discovery's over-dramatization of characters and situations can have a negative impact on the presenters' reputations. I prefer Dave's internet videos.

isnt it sad that folks would not tune in if it werent for the drama BS? why does everything have to have the drama. like top shot. i enjoyed the show for the shooting contests. the drama just cheapens it.

isnt it sad that folks would not tune in if it werent for the drama BS? why does everything have to have the drama. like top shot. i enjoyed the show for the shooting contests. the drama just cheapens it.

Absolutely. Looking past the drama on something educational on tv has become a skill some have to acquire in order to learn. ;)

Dave deserves every penny.

No doubt, and sorry for the hijack ... I'm just not a fan of his.

I understand the whole concept of "what the market will bear" and selling your goods at the highest price you can in the market you are in.
At the end of the day you're talking about the SAME exact item with different branding. I'll take an ESEE @ $60 over a Pathfinder @ $100 everyday of the week :) ( just my opinion)

That would be real hard for me to do. I've had a hard enough time keeping a regular aluminum 2 man canoe going with a burnt out drunk in front that won't paddle.

In that episode, I paused my DVR at one scene and could see the ESEE skull logo on the machete.

In that episode, I paused my DVR at one scene and could see the ESEE skull logo on the machete.

It was an ESEE Lite Machete in the episode:thumbup: , But Dave's & ESEE machete are one in the Same :p just Dave's logo is on the ones he sales....(same with the firekit ) maybe I shoulda not said that ; OP will start another thread :D

there was a thread about this back when the episode 1st aired last year :D

You know, being a fan both of Dave AND of ESEE, the fiscally responsible thing would be to buy the cheaper of identical products promoted by both (e.g. firekit, machete) since each promote unique products as well. For example, Dave got promotion for a "Pathfinder Scout" tomahawk from 2Hawks, and it seems the item sells at a lower cost than 2Hawks regular same model. No ESEE tomahawk yet, right?;)
In his videos, Dave often discusses "discount" survival tools - I bet he'd buy the ESEE-version if it was cheaper.

Back