Essential Cold Steel

I consider these to be my 'essential' Cold Steel knives; very iconic to the brand, IMO:

cstrifecta.jpg
Recon 1, AK-47, and American Lawman

I also think that at least one 'Mega-Folder' is obligatory for every CS collection. I have a Ti-Lite 6 and a Hold Out 1. Ridiculously fun to own. The Hold Out 1 is surprisingly comfortable to carry for such a huge folder--highly recommended.

Worth mentioning: you get an incredible amount of knife for the money with the Voyager series, IMO.

GI Tanto….picked up 2 of those mofo’s about a year ago. Dirt cheap and there are a bunch of vids out there showing how much abuse it can take. People who like to customize their knives love the GI Tanto. I think it has to be one of the quintessential CS models.

I consider these to be my 'essential' Cold Steel knives; very iconic to the brand, IMO:

View attachment 1729213
Recon 1, AK-47, and American Lawman

I also think that at least one 'Mega-Folder' is obligatory for every CS collection. I have a Ti-Lite 6 and a Hold Out 1. Ridiculously fun to own. The Hold Out 1 is surprisingly comfortable to carry for such a huge folder--highly recommended.

Worth mentioning: you get an incredible amount of knife for the money with the Voyager series, IMO.
Solid choices, can't argue with that.

GI Tanto….picked up 2 of those mofo’s about a year ago. Dirt cheap and there are a bunch of vids out there showing how much abuse it can take. People who like to customize their knives love the GI Tanto. I think it has to be one of the quintessential CS models.
The GI tanto is a great knife... If you don't mind that weird ricasso. Gimme another inch of blade, please. Anyway, it's a solid beater that is one of the all time budget greats.

Last edited:
Back