Ever seen this before?

Hengelo_77

Basic Member
Well, going' at it with my jewelers saw when the sawblade broke...
It took me a moment to realise what had happened and how.
(next to the finger nail)

IMG_20161201_203404_zpsrrlkjj6h.jpg

Hard core jewelery sawing?
Am I the first to have this happen to me?

Much of my experience with jewelers saws has been, OOOHHH ! &%#*& I broke another one !! It's much better to limit use to soft metals !!

I can tell you that jewelers see that more than they would like to. It happens so fast you don't even really feel it. Always pull out in the reverse of the teeth angle or it will hurt a lot.

I can tell you that jewelers see that more than they would like to. It happens so fast you don't even really feel it. Always pull out in the reverse of the teeth angle or it will hurt a lot.

yes i took my time to see wich way the teeth were orientated.
The look on my girlfriends face was priceless when I handed her a pliers and showed her my finger.....

I've been using a jewelers saw for about 10 yes and have never had that happen. I don't like those deep frames. They flex too much. However, I know they are needed at times.

When I was 18 or so, I was working at an audio place. My sister stopped in the shop to say hi, while I was building speaker boxes. While I was in the other room she tripped on the air line to the brad nailer. It pulled the nailer off the table and when it hit the floor it shot a brad at her face. She held both hands up in front of her face with her fingers spread like she was catching something. She luckily had her fingers in just the right spot because the airborne brad stopped in the tip of one of her fingers. It looked just like your picture only the brad went through the middle of the nail as well.

Back