• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

Everest Katana

I think ill do that too Bawanna. Im going to make me a case for it that hangs on the wall. I had to evacuate my house a few days ago due to fire down the road. I just got back in my house yesterday and I cant tell you how bad I felt having to leave my Khuks at home. I only had about ten minute to get everything and get out so I grabbed my wife and dogs and a hand full of blankets off the bed. Thank whatever you pray to my house was still here when I got back..unlike last time! I think that Katana is going in a case and will be part of my bug out bag! I love my new truck but sleeping in it with wife and three BIG dogs just not very comfy!
Dang man! That’s a rough ride. I’m glad your home is in one piece and you are back in it.

George Azar

Gold Member
I need to do another photo shoot George. The old ones are not exactly 4k resolution. Maybe .004K back when I was uploading with my Hayes 28K smart modem. Actually I was doing 2x warp speed uploads with a 56K modem back then. Actually wait for the "ssssssssssssshhhhh....ting shhhhhh.. da ding" sound then ready to go! AOL then says "you got mail" Ha I replaced the AOL "you got mail" audio track with the sound of me opening a can of cat food and every time I got mail my cats would come gather around the puter!! Ha! That was too much fun!! I always had to feed my cats before I could really check my mail. Anyway OK George I got to find something to clean the scabbard with. Im figuring some kind of chemical silver cleaner? Not sure what cleans the stuff but it has coral inlaid into the sheath so it cant be caustic or acidic enough to etch the coral inlays? Any ideas folks? Maybe I could mask the coral inlays with wax then do it? OK a possum hunting we will go...a possum hunting we will go...Hi Ho... Dang Eric! Maybe you shouldda started with a mouse and worked up to a water buffalo?
Uh..here we go:
e5c657a01de44682fb056de597499ad1

f0a1bcb67d6940274e9a01d57f7a5969

8efb0747ae768099eedc16302a2440b1
Wow! That is one beautiful katana. If memory serves me right Bawanna has one also. I’d love to see it as well. Happy you had a home to come back to, Danny!

Bawanna

Not the best pictures but camera and computer are giving me a hard time today.

I hung the Ceremonial up above. I need more wall space, getting way cluttered.

I have one of those gladiuses (probably the wrong name). Carving on the handle is totally different, and I remember that it was a ringtailed bitch to get that red polishing compound out of the grooves.

George Azar

Gold Member

Thank you Mr Joe for posting. She…several of your she’s are real beauties! I love my dragon katana but yours and Danny’s are so gorgeous. I don’t guess I’ve ever seen one for sale since I’ve been on the forum!

ndoghouse

Gold Member
I think there were only about six of them made and all by Rajkumar. He could make some bad to the bone swords but he didnt always treat Aunti Y right and prolly good hes gone? I thin Berkely had one but it was a super rare Bura made one. I dont remember if it was Kothimoda or not but no mater its still priceless.
I have some floor tiles that would be great for the sword case but not sure if they are long enuff. Ill go measure them. Ive gotten me some more woodworking tools lately so should be able to make one like Bawannas but just enuff for the Kothi and sheath. I hate to store it in the sheath because both the blade and sheath deserve the attention.
Thanks fellas for the good wishes. I think they got most of the fire out. It only burned about 850 acres this time and no houses burned. They were doing "percribed burning" and it got out of control. Theres a bunch of people p...ticked off big time because it was windy when they did it. Im just glad I was home this time so I could grab a handfull of clothes, some dog food, and my guitars. I did grab my AKB folder tho! That was definitely over 1000 hrs there! I was going to grab a few khuks but they were all looking at me like "Pick Me" and I just couldnt do it! I didnt even think about the Katana because it hanging on the wall. Anyways dang glad thats over. Definitely gonna modify my BOB!

Bawanna

Mine is just two display cases that I modified and hooked together. I've gained a few wood working tools lately that I was always too cheap to buy, wife chats with a wood guru buddy of mine and he makes suggestions and she brings em home. It's so nice to have a decent table saw, a router table and even a planer. Right tools for the job as it were.

I should make a nicer display case for these, I'll add that to the project list.

Bawanna

Oh and for history sake, I won that sword only a month or so after discovering HI. I almost didn't buy a chance for fear I'd win (I never win) and felt guilty for all the guys that have been around forever before me. But alas, 1 ticket, don't remember how much 25 bucks maybe and I won. I've had nothing but very good luck with all things HI since.

davidf99

Platinum Member
I have one of those gladiuses (probably the wrong name). Carving on the handle is totally different, and I remember that it was a ringtailed bitch to get that red polishing compound out of the grooves.
I think the one you're referring to is called a Manjushree Sword. Translates as "Sword of Wisdom," if I remember correctly. Why "wisdom"? I suppose because you'd be wise to stay out of its way.

Q-tips work pretty well to get polishing compound (or anything else) out of the grooves, though I usually don't bother, since the red polishing compound looks pretty good.

davidf99

Platinum Member
I don't have one of the fancy katanas with inlay or engraving, but I have one by Young Sher with great curvature and a beautiful koa handle, one of the finest woods out there. I polished the handle myself, up to about 8,000 grit + lathe polish. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it does show the shape, which is perfect. It's also a perfect 36" and 36 oz. Yangdu sold this one to raise money for medical expenses for the late Danny In Japan.

Katana36-YoungSher36oz-for-Dave-01.jpg

George Azar

Gold Member

Thank you Mr Joe for posting. She…several of your she’s are real beauties! I love my dragon katana but yours and Danny’s are so gorgeous. I don’t guess I’ve ever seen one for sale since I’ve been on the forum!
I don't have one of the fancy katanas with inlay or engraving, but I have one by Young Sher with great curvature and a beautiful koa handle, one of the finest woods out there. I polished the handle myself, up to about 8,000 grit + lathe polish. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it does show the shape, which is perfect. It's also a perfect 36" and 36 oz. Yangdu sold this one to raise money for medical expenses for the late Danny In Japan.

View attachment 1726839
That sure is a beautiful sword David! Thanks for sharing