Everyday serrated steak knife set?

All - I'm looking for recommendation for a set of 8 steak knives. I want them to be serrated and dishwasher safe and reasonably pretty. I don't mind paying for good quality.

This is to supplement a gorgeous set of Shun knives that I use for special occasions. In other words, I'm looking for something that would be a step down from the Shuns.

Thank you.

PS: Not looking for snarky comments on serrated vs not serrated knives. I know all of that, I'm looking for something that's convenient for every day.

Well they're not fancy but Victorinox makes a great product and they have dishwasher safe sets for 20$, thought it's a 4pc so you'd need to order 2 unless they make a larger set I'm unaware of.

If you can pass on your need for serrated, Boker Arbolito makes a 4 pack (buy 2) of stainless I've had for over a decade $40-$60 per pack.

41RJMR6V1SL.jpg

Also a great set would be the Opinel Olivewood Steak knives also in a 4 pack $40-60 per pack.
81inIQ8hjuL._SL1500_.jpg

I don't know much about kitchen knives. But star-cook Gordon Ramsey uses Wüsthof knives from Germany(the expensive ones), and he recommended them several times.

Well they're not fancy but Victorinox makes a great product and they have dishwasher safe sets for 20$, thought it's a 4pc so you'd need to order 2 unless they make a larger set I'm unaware of.

This. We've had our set for anout 5yrs. They only ever get washed in the dishwasher, and require zero maintenance. I sharpen once a year whether or not they need it. Usually not.

Heck, we just used them tonight. They are in the dishwasher as I type this.
With frequent use over five years they are nearly indistinguishable from new.

I would check out the big on-line kitchen stores (Sur La Table, Cutlery and More, Williams-Sonoma) and search for "steak knives" to get a broad range of what's commonly available, what they cost, and what they look like. If you're just looking for some basic machine-washable knives then no need to go fancy or pricey. Between Zwilling and Wusthof there are lots of options.

Last edited:
I would just look at the products by the more budget friendly manufacturers ie Victorinox, Opinel, Mora, etc not sure who all use steak knives I know Victorinox and Opinel do.

Seriously, you've got nothing better to do than to waste my and your time?

He has a point, a good knife is never dishwasher proper.
If you are set on serrated nice looking blades, I suggest Laguiole serrated.
https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/laguiole-steak-knife-set/

Most of high end steak knives are not serrated for ease of sharpening.

If you just want something ok looking and cheap, Tramontina has few serrated "steak" knives. In my local kitchen shop they were $2 a pop. Great performers for over 2 years now.

No worthwhile knives are going to be dishwasher safe.

Seriously, you've got nothing better to do than to waste my and your time?

He's not wasting your time. He's correct. The problem is with your request. "Paying for quality" does not match dishwasher safe. It is all a trade off and these things don't go together. Now, that is not to say the suggestions above aren't good because they are. Might not match you expectations though.

The OP stated that these would be for every day use,he is not looking for works of art.
Check out Rada Cutlery,reasonably priced, dishwasher safe black handled version,Made in USA.

I don't put any knives, except for butter knives in the dishwasher. You are basically sandblasting them. For everyday use, I chose Victorinox, with the polymer handles. I also have a set of their kitchen knives, and have been very satisfied. Sure, I'd like to get a set if Shuns someday.

I have a set of these and they are great.
They are non serrated, but very easy to sharpen!

Back