Everyone has a grail list i have a user grail list what are your best users

I would not feel bad. You customize her to fit you best. I think others have done the same. The rear talon curves in a bit much imo. I'd love to see a pic of the mod.

You're right. It's 100% mine now and works great for me.

My group shot on page 1 shows it post-mod, but here's a handle comparison pic as well:

264mc89.jpg

Greetings. Thinking by your name you ride an 883 Sportster.

Top Five Bussekin Users...

RMD...SARSquatch...DSF...Battle Rat...and of course, one of my (too) many ASH1’s. Good luck with your growing collection. If you are like most of us here, you will soon own more Bussekin than a sane man would admit.
Yeah ive got a 2014 model iron 883 with rough craft exhausts and a few bits on it love my harley

*My BG Batac is my essential beater in the shop
*Infidu resides in the car for all essential needs while mobile
*R3 is always hanging around for tactical entry into whatever boxes or packages fail to comply
*The Silent Knight got used to prep salads a couple weeks ago - wife saw me doing that and just called me crazy and wouldn't come into the kitchen until I put it away LOL! says it's too sharp and scary looking :rolleyes:

The ASH2 is such a perfect knife. Unfortunately, I haven't come across the right piece of leather to make a sheath for mine (I mean, what color goes with safety orange??) so I haven't taken it to the woods yet.
Black maybe make the orange pop more?

Maybe dave brown might be able to help or if your competent with kydex i like the sheaths with different colour strappings and holsters on an underlayer colour eg base gray with orange fire steel holder or belt loop look badass with a matching chainsaw zombie ready lol

Maybe dave brown might be able to help or if your competent with kydex i like the sheaths with different colour strappings and holsters on an underlayer colour eg base gray with orange fire steel holder or belt loop look badass with a matching chainsaw zombie ready lol
After having a couple different sheath makers drop the ball on my projects I have become a sheath do-it-yourselfer. Lol!

My Busse & Kin users, in order of frequency of use:

Rat Trap
The original Custom Shop Active Duty
Sarsquatch
Bandicoot (most underrated Swamp Rat ever)
A big Swamp Rat Chopper I forget the name of
ZT natural Outlaw

The ASH2 is such a perfect knife. Unfortunately, I haven't come across the right piece of leather to make a sheath for mine (I mean, what color goes with safety orange??) so I haven't taken it to the woods yet.

Yes sir indeed! The ASH2 has become my favorite even over the tglb! It really is the perfect knife!

Maybe gunmetal grey might do the trick? I have a lot of grey kydex bc it does kinda go with everything. Plus it looks less tactical and I think catches the eye a little less in public maybe.

Yes sir indeed! The ASH2 has become my favorite even over the tglb! It really is the perfect knife!

Maybe gunmetal grey might do the trick? I have a lot of grey kydex bc it does kinda go with everything. Plus it looks less tactical and I think catches the eye a little less in public maybe.
I think you are right. "Less tactical" is just my style.

My top users:

511. Stripped, thinned, polished. Good size, good shape. Hated it before I worked it over, love it now

DS6: Stripped. When I want something heavier than the 511, I pick this up. I like the bigger handle as it balances the heavier blade well. Considering thinning the thick saber grind out some more like I did with the 511.

Hog badger: It's like the DS6 and my customized 511 had a child with micarta handles and INFI.

Rodent 6: Of my "heavier" blades, this one is a perennial favorite. Stripped, polished. GREAT handle for my hands. Is in my oh-shit bag.

411: love the thing, a little too much probably. It stays in my oh-shit bag so it doesn't get much use.

I carry/use the 511 the most, mostly due to its inbetweener size/weight.

I like my bgtg (I have a pristine a2tg that I'm saving for a rainy day..black g10 on black...so hot..and a dupe) that's also stripped. It's good in a lot of ways, but the guards limit my use more than I like.....love the knife....is sexy.....but I tend to pick up the R6 and the 511 the most. I'm sure the hog badger will get it's fair share of time once I get a sheath made for it.

Out of the pack, the R6 and the 411 are the 2 I'd swipe if I was in a hurry.

Last edited:
WTF CS = splitting maul
ASH1 (Fat) = edc
FFBM = Chopper
Basic 8 = Truck blade

Note: I'm falling more an more in love with my forsaken mistress.. with more opportunities to use her.. it will find it's way to this list I'm sure

I dont know about users, but I would love to have another shot at a HOG Gemini.
I once had a chance, but just didnt really have the funds. And, when I have the funds, the HOG Gemini eludes me. Poor me lol.

My most used users are the steak knives, with the FBMLE and SFNOLE trailing far behind. I just don't have that much stuff that needs chopping these days.

I dont know about users, but I would love to have another shot at a HOG Gemini.
I once had a chance, but just didnt really have the funds. And, when I have the funds, the HOG Gemini eludes me. Poor me lol.
If you look on the grab thread someone got a hog gemini .and i dont think they really liked it maybe they would part woth it if u have the funds now oraybe ye could.make an arrangement to both of yer satisfaction just a thought jason

You're right. It's 100% mine now and works great for me.

My group shot on page 1 shows it post-mod, but here's a handle comparison pic as well:

264mc89.jpg
It use to be what was done. You sand/cut and tape to make it your own.
It use to not be a big deal to make a Busse your own before all the "Collectors" came along and made all those poor mistreated Busses
safe queen.
Can't you guys hear them crying in the safes at night? Get them out and make them your own and abuse those things.
An abused Busse is a Happy Busse!

Back