Everyone to Danbo's House!!!

I say everyone skip the next knife show and go to Danbo's. That So and So has got enough cutlery from good smiths in the last month alone to keep us busy for hours! Agggghhhhh....

(Keep the pics comin:) )

-Sam.

On a knife related note I have a hunting sword getting closer to completion every day. Even Danbo may like it...lol

I have to agree with you. Not only that, but Danbo has a very similar taste in knives to myself so I find that I really like all the knives that he has posted. It is because of a post by Danbo that I now have a Sendero on order from Jerry Fisk. After he posted that great picture I just had to have one.

KWM, you cant blame me for your coming down with Fiskamania! It would have happened eventually anyway. :)

Hold on - something's not right here. Danbo got a folder.

Someone needs to set that boy straight (pun intended :p )!

Here's a knife I just picked up in a trade. Right up Danbo's alley
robinson_side.jpg

I am kinda lucky in that I got to meet Danbo through a mutual "freund" (Calvin Cooledge) a few years ago. Danbo and Calvin get just as excited as I do at knife shows so I guess the friendship that developed was destiny. If you are at a show and see a wide eyed, crazed looking fool, by all means stop and introduce yourself it will be one of us. :D

Danbo has a way of getting all his friends to enjoy fine fixed blades and knows quality.
:cool:

I am kidding around here, but a good point does come out of this. When you go to a show, find folks with varied interests that know what they are doing and hang around with them. You might just make a friend and you will learn a lot. It is amazing how much knowledge I pick up from the likes of Calvin, Blues, Danbo and other collectors and makers at shows each year. Not to mention the appreciation of knives that I did not have as much of an interest in without getting thier take. If I spent the time wandering around by myself or with folks who had the same interests as I do, I would not learn as much nor would I have near as much fun.

:eek: Yowza! Wulf, I want that knife! Who made it? I cant make out the name on the ricasso. Is that a "Dickie" Robinson bowie?

Back