Everyone who has tried the custom Griptilian ordering happy?

Finally got mines in today. I actually did the lasermarking with my name with a royal blue handle. Something different that I will keep forever. They also sent me this water bottle for free. Don't know what that was all about but it's nice. Anywayhere are the pics.

I ordered a custom Grip 551 in D2 with custom images and lettering on both sides of the blade and 2-tone green scales. Knife showed up exactly as I'd built it. Perfect. Perfectly centered, smooth action, solid lock up. Frankly, it's the best built Benchmade I've ever handled. I was so impressed with it I just ordered another for my son for Christmas (who is in the Army)... we'll see if this one is a solid I guess.

I enjoyed the emails that kinda walk you through the build process. They are a marketing tool for sure, but it was fun to see how the knives are made. Yeah, they (the emails) weren't really that consistently named for what videos they contained... but who cares. Was fun to watch. I do wish though they'd have sent me a shipping notification when it shipped (along with a tracking number)... which they never did. It just showed up one day kind of unannounced (ie, I didn't think it'd even shipped yet since I wasn't notified in any way).

Would be cool if they'd offer a G10 option as well though... the wide array of colors available for the NORYL GTX is nice, but I'd have paid extra for some G10 (well, as long as there was more than just black G10) if it was an option. Oh well....

Anyway, I highly recommend the process if you don't mind spending the money (ie, it's not cheap!). ;)

Yeah, its not cheap and would love some blue g10 as a option. Also, they didn't send me a tracking number either. But, when I went to their site and looked at my order it had the tracking number there. Post a pic of your knife!

Back