Everyone's latest acquisitions!

The purple helps it balance better!
IMG-20240421-144829.jpg

This Volunteer Knife Volunteer Knife 4.5 hasnt even arrived yet but I am stoked.

Its got 3V with a “low temper protocol” (which I believe increases toughness). It has a .17” spine thickness, natty canvas handles and Volunteer’s “Saber-S” grind. According to Bart, it reduces drag and is taken from high end kitchen knives. Honestly, I just thought it looked cool.

Buying from him is easy. I highly recommend

IMG_2608.jpegIMG_2606.jpegIMG_2607.jpeg

Last edited:
I have gotten this Spyderco temperance 2 only a decade+ after it has been released :)

I have many fixed custom blades from Busse to Krein etc., but thus production Temperance 2 easily found it's own place in the stable. It's design is beautiful and purposely done for peeling ripe tomatoes:)
1000008543.jpg

1000008545.jpg

The “S-Grind” appears to be very exaggerated in the photo, but it is actually more subtle than the photo. The lighting at my desk did a good job highlighting the grind. The kydex and leather loop is top notch. The retention is snug, but once overcome the draw is smooth.

IMG_2619.jpeg

Last edited:
A Bestechman Ronan in 14c28n steel. This is my first from this subset of Bestech and they did an outstanding job. This is a fairly inexpensive folder and they put the money where it matters most.
No fancy box, just a simple but functional box
No padded zippered pouch

They included spare screws as well as spare springs, things that you actually may need.

Action is excellent, fit and finish is on par with much higher priced folders, blade finish is very nice and ground down to a fairly thin edge.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Back