Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Picked this one up yesterday at a local retailer. I've been looking for a smaller button lock flipper, and this looked like a good choice. It's a Vosteed Corgi Pup, around 3.5" closed. The blade is S35VN and it came screaming sharp. The handle material is PEI Ulteem, a pretty cool material. It seems well made. No blade wobble and it opens and closes nicely. Makes for a nice smaller carry.
CAIlQXQ.jpg

bAjGIrC.jpg

Picked this one up yesterday at a local retailer. I've been looking for a smaller button lock flipper, and this looked like a good choice. It's a Vosteed Corgi Pup, around 3.5" closed. The blade is S35VN and it came screaming sharp. The handle material is PEI Ulteem, a pretty cool material. It seems well made. No blade wobble and it opens and closes nicely. Makes for a nice smaller carry.
CAIlQXQ.jpg

bAjGIrC.jpg

I really wish they made this with a 3.3-3.5" blade and without the contrasting inlay on the button, the lines are simple and beautiful. That version you have is the best looking I've seen yet.

New Carter Cutlery forged by the man himself! This one features Hitachi White #1 steel, cladded in 410 stainless, an absolutely breathtaking folded copper bolster, and some K&G stabilized black & white ebony from my personal stash. 😍

I felt like this one deserved a video. :)

Just look at that bolster!
1C6a8PP.jpg

I really wish they made this with a 3.3-3.5" blade and without the contrasting inlay on the button, the lines are simple and beautiful. That version you have is the best looking I've seen yet.
I see the larger Corgis have a 2.99" blade. I suppose keeping it under 3" makes it legal in more places. I don't see the S35VN or Ulteem offered in the larger model.
I've been carrying a Pro-Tech Malibu for months, and it's a great knife. I wanted something smaller and this particular knife called out to me. It's not a replacement for the Malibu, but may be more appropriate in certain situations.
So far I'm very happy with it.

Back