Everyone's latest acquisitions!

26595040597_f4b1a21f06_z.jpg
[/url]

40573692085_b3fca08715_z.jpg
[/url]

I recently received my first Curtiss. It's just the standard titanium medium F3 with the compound grind. I'll be having some work done to it soon though.

I recently received my first Curtiss. It's just the standard titanium medium F3 with the compound grind. I'll be having some work done to it soon though.
What work would you want/need done to a $600-700 knife? Wasn’t it perfect out of the box?:eek:

That's a good looking knife. What're your thoughts on it so far?

Its similar to the Viper Kyomi in size and blade shape. I had the Kyomi before and wasn't really impressed with the action. The Core is way better. It's a pretty big knife for having a 3 1/4 inch blade. It’s a little thick as well. The scales are FRN with steel skeletonized liners and sport a nicely done liner lock. The clip looks and works just like a Spyderco deep carry wire clip. The steel is N690 and the blade has a nice stone wash to it . The FRN scales are nicely done but they seem a little more “hard plastic’y” than most of the FRN from companies like Spyderco, Benchmade, Steelwill, etc. This isn’t a bad thing, just different. The action is really nice and the blade will fall freely when the liner lock is depressed. It rides on bearing as well.

There are a couple negatives I found but mainly minor and more due to personal preference. The weight and overall size of the knife is fairly substantial. It weighs in at 4.7 ounces and it’s just a pretty big knife overall. I’d call it a "Little Big Knife". It’s not that long, not supper thick but it’s tall with the blade and the handles. If you've held a Viper Kyomi or Odini, it’s very similar in size but just a bit bigger. The other negative found is the blade finish. While it’s crazy sharp and the stonewash is nice, the stoneswash is a little “rubbed off” just above the main bevel. You can see it a bit in the photo. The grind doesn’t go up into the stonewash past the bevel line but the stonewash just seems to be a little faded a couple millimeters above the grind. Not a big deal and just cosmetic but I figured I would mention it

Overall, super impressed with this knife. Just a little beefier that I expected.

182DD47D-77B5-4BD3-8C3E-1B027DAE5550.jpeg 93653A0B-88D1-46C1-A57D-878011358401.jpeg 79CC1F89-3DFB-47F9-9598-710495D499C7.jpeg The Camillus Aftermath is one of my more recent acquisitions, and I had it anodized. It now resembles the CUDA MAXX.

First Benchmade, just ordered a Bedlam. I like Persian Blades and didn't have a BM yet, figured at least one Axis Lock might not be a bad thing.

Back