1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SW-EDC, Mar 12, 2016.

1. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    TAD Dauntless MK4 G10 and CF Black Out. Got the G10 last week and the CF Blacked Out version yesterday.

[​IMG]

2. fq55

fq55

Feb 27, 1999

That’s a Infiniti Q50s. It seems like I’m always in there waiting for my better half to get ready so I snap photos of what I have on me.

3. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Was I right about the model year too? :p

4. fq55

fq55

Feb 27, 1999

Ha! I missed that. You are off by a year, same platform though. Nice catch.

b00n likes this.
  5. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Given the picture and what was visible I am still gonna be proud :D;)

6. Llasi

Llasi Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

Reitwagen, Filoso, marcus52AR and 3 others like this.
  7. vox801

vox801

Jun 11, 2017
    6E3F1513-D0D6-45CF-A60A-1F2E3D25FE8A.jpeg

b00n and DRLyman like this.
  8. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    DC613CC0-1154-48E8-9FA4-A4AF9648745C.jpeg My first Olamic 247! Wow!

9. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Since it's on the way now: CKF/Hoback Kwaiback.
    [​IMG]

marcus52AR and DRLyman like this.
  10. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar

Sep 1, 2016
    This one came in the mail today -- an LNIB G&G Hawk RAZR (Rotate At Zero Resistance). I don't really see G&G Hawk knives as great lookers but the action ... oh my God the action.

[​IMG]

The trapezoidal cutout on the scales exposes the slider which actuates the Hawk lock.

There are generally mixed feelings about the Hawk's pocket clip. I typically love them. This one is the grippiest version that I've come across -- it has teeth that really want to hold onto my torn-up jeans pocket. I tried to get a pic:

[​IMG]

@BilboBaggins @Lapedog @ponykid

11. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Which part of my soul would you care to take in exchange for that?

12. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar

Sep 1, 2016
    LOL.

13. Om28v

Om28v

Nov 30, 2017
    [​IMG]
    WE 702DS

microbe, powerslave and DRLyman like this.
  14. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    The designs definitely aren't for everybody, but as a mechanical geek I can appreciate each and every knife they made, sure they might not be the most practical or sensible things they might come up with nor the simplest solution to a small problem, but who cares if it's neat and fun to tinker with. But then again I'm German, like to come up with prototypes at work and they usually work but are often more complicated than the they need to be. :rolleyes::D

15. ipwn3r456

ipwn3r456

Sep 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

Just another 940-1 passing by...

DRLyman and SpySmasher like this.
  16. `br4dz-

`br4dz- Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2016
    [​IMG]

Azo, powerslave, Om28v and 2 others like this.
  17. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    The new Stedemon compliments the Tighe nicely ;)

IMG_20180720_201737.jpg

~Chip

MSchott, DRLyman and b00n like this.
  18. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    How do you like the THUNDERFURY™ ? Such an 80's name for a knife. I was tempted for a moment, but I am so so about Stedemon and availability in Europe is meh at best.

19. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    At full retail, it's got some issues that would have really bugged me but I got a good deal after the pass around ended so it was worth it to me. Lightened up the detent a smidge, softened the flipper tab jimping and cut a detent ramp to make closing easier... really like it now. Definitely more of a stabber than a slicer (.125" about a 1/4" behind the edge), but nice grinds to a zero edge. The only real bummer is they didn't keep the double edge from the prototype:(.

~Chip

20. b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    That's a shame about the lack of a double edge, it was one of the neatest features. Glad I didn't go for one, at least not at the price it would have been (Shipping+Tax+Retail price) If I win the lottery I'll go for a Brian Nadeau Arch Nemesis to quench the folding dagger desire.