Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Something like this?
hgryrqy.jpg

You'll see...

The scales, backspacer, and the Ikuchi are coming Thursday to a pocket near me.

The two dot on top of the box was a gift from a friend last week. The orange G-10 came today. I'm going to order another in a couple of weeks for the safe. This one is going on my belt. I posted this picture in another thread but I'm on the go and haven't been able to take another yet.

Attachments

• 0410191102-1.jpg
    0410191102-1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 12
Angel hair with pesto, left over BBQ chicken, and a Spyderco Ikuchi.

LiutjJs.jpg

Gotta say, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I'll come right out and say it: The pocket clip sucks. It has the strongest detent I've ever experienced. Thumb flick is the way to go. Especially since the action is rather stiff. I'm surprised, never had that experience with a comp lock before.

I'm disappointed. Here's my initial review:

Pros:
Cool blade shape, like a pocket fillet knife.
Very discreet.
Unique design.

Cons:
Pocket clip too long
CF feels like G-10, rough like a Cold Steel Recon 1.
Stiff detent
Stiff action

The Verdict:

Gonna play with over the weekend, see if it loosens up at all. Most likely it will be going back to DLT. :(

Got this Hogue EX-01 today. It was an impulse buy and I was kind of hoping I wouldn't like it and could resell it and recoup my money, but no dice. This is the first tanto I've actually liked. Construction, fit, and finish is fantastic; the polished stonewash on the blade is especially nice. I'm impressed.

I did remove the safety though, it's just dumb on a manual folder. It's not even a good safety to begin with, it's very light and with a very short throw it's easy to accidentally engage. I found myself engaging it while manipulating the knife normally. Let me put it this way: if this was the auto version (from where the safety is a carry-over), that safety wouldn't make this knife feel any safer to carry in a pocket.

XpHtVEd.jpg

mHvsYTG.jpg

Back