Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Just bought this Gen 2 VG10 combo bladed model of the Spyderco Police off of EB.

Just started collecting this version of the Police because I love the lack of holes in the handle; no alternate clip screw or lanyard holes. Just looks elegant to me that way. I've previously purchased a fully serrated version and now this partially serrated version of this model and only need a plain edged version to complete the set.

Anyway, the knife was advertised as used and the blade as unused but the handle was more scratched up than apparent in the photos and there was also some slight scratching on the supposedly unused blade. Fortunately, I had just purchased a cheap but very solidly built 6" bench buffer from Harbor Freight and, after just a little time using some green polishing compound, all of the scratches were removed and only a few hardly noticeable light nicks in the handle remained.

It looks beautiful now and I don't have to bother trying to return it for not being "as described." That buffer is one of the best things I ever bought at Harbor Freight. It was $ well spent. :)

PS: I also used the buffer to clean up the tip of a 1980's vintage Gerber Mark II, which is used but now looks "like new" as well.

qTI6JTkl.jpg

FIYmgDKl.jpg

Last edited:
Was in Carmel, CA over the weekend and stopped by Carmel Cutlery. Chatted with the owner, Sanford, about random knife things and his company, Monterey Bay Knives. Picked up an MBK EZC. Sanford seems like a down-to-earth guy - very easy to talk to. I highly recommend stopping by the shop if you're in the area.

The EZC seems like it's gonna be a keeper. Really digging the the FFG. Simple, clean design. True to its name, it's super easy to carry in the pocket and the hand.

BInIIYuh.jpg

WREpKHHh.jpg

aB2S0JXh.jpg

1bSitE7h.jpg

KFB5idEh.jpg

Leatherman wave plus to replace the older wave I ahem, fried doing a DIY electrical repair. Whenever someone says they turned off the electricity to the house, VERIFY IT YOURSELF BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO STRIP THE WIRE

Ended up with a chip the size of the Grand Canyon in the main blade
Been there dome that with my first St 300

Was in Carmel, CA over the weekend and stopped by Carmel Cutlery. Chatted with the owner, Sanford, about random knife things and his company, Monterey Bay Knives. Picked up an MBK EZC. Sanford seems like a down-to-earth guy - very easy to talk to. I highly recommend stopping by the shop if you're in the area.

The EZC seems like it's gonna be a keeper. Really digging the the FFG. Simple, clean design. True to its name, it's super easy to carry in the pocket and the hand.

BInIIYuh.jpg

WREpKHHh.jpg

aB2S0JXh.jpg

1bSitE7h.jpg

KFB5idEh.jpg

Wow! Gorgeous! I've never heard of them and they are about a 10 minute drive from me. I love the looks and design, but it's a flipper. :( I really don't care for flippers. If they made that with a thumb stud I'd be over there tomorrow, buying one.

Wow! Gorgeous! I've never heard of them and they are about a 10 minute drive from me. I love the looks and design, but it's a flipper. :( I really don't care for flippers. If they made that with a thumb stud I'd be over there tomorrow, buying one.

It's based on a Ray Laconico custom model, so that determined that feature choice. But you should totally check out the store anyway. The owner seems like a great guy and you'd be able to give him that feedback directly. He seems to be pretty open to people's feedback. Also they have a nice selection of other knives

Back