Everyone's latest acquisitions!

20191107_224207-1494x2656.jpg TRM Atom DLC. First impressions are very good. Perfect lockup, centering and really good action.

Thumb studs make for a bit of a hot spot but I'm going to throw on some o rings tmw to cushion the flick.

Besides that small nitpick, TRM surpassed my expectations of this slicey linerlock.

Last edited:
I don't know if kitchen knives are allowed here, but I got this guy (Yaxell Zen 255 mm) yesterday. I'm not an expert, but this kicks ass compared to a regular Fiskars chef's knife (well, I also got a 20 cm Fiskars for my wife yesterday since she doesn't want to use this, too scary...). My next could be Terävä Skrama, it would be a big brother for my Peltonen M95 :)

jpYdyAT.jpg

evilgreg evilgreg : that's beautiful - what is it?

That's a Seraphim knives Korsar. Seraphim knives is a couple of Russian guys, I ordered this one from FRWK. It's super awesome, but it's technically my Christmas present so I have to box it back up and wait for it to be under the tree on Christmas morning.

It's a , 3.7" M390 blade on bearings, 4.8oz, with perfect action and great fit and finish. It's super pretty too, the blue twill and little details like the texture on the bolsters and the pivot rings. It's one of those sort of framelock sort of linerlock knives, with a super thin scale inlay on the lock side covering the lockbar. I'll tidy up a few picks and post about it later, maybe.

That's a Seraphim knives Korsar. Seraphim knives is a couple of Russian guys, I ordered this one from FRWK. It's super awesome, but it's technically my Christmas present so I have to box it back up and wait for it to be under the tree on Christmas morning.

It's a , 3.7" M390 blade on bearings, 4.8oz, with perfect action and great fit and finish. It's super pretty too, the blue twill and little details like the texture on the bolsters and the pivot rings. It's one of those sort of framelock sort of linerlock knives, with a super thin scale inlay on the lock side covering the lockbar. I'll tidy up a few picks and post about it later, maybe.
Merry Christmas!;)
I believe that configuration is referred to as a bolster lock.
Very nice...now I've got to go look that one up.

I acquired a Spyderco Caribbean with an LC200N blade and liners. Everything else is titanium so nothing rusts. I must say I am impressed with the build quality! Doesn't tear up my pocket neither! Pun intended!

White river Knives Sendero Classic, with black and maple Richlite handle, and hand-rubbed satin finish. I've been promising myself this one for a couple of years now....

Not my latest acquisition as such as I have Lon Humphrey, Bark River, two TLIM, a J.A. Voss, and Fiddleback Forge blades en route in the mail and orders in for customs from Barbershop Customs, thpuukot, MZ Knives, and szczegot (and then I swear I won't buy any more for 2019), but this is the latest one to land in my hand: Badger from Mike Jones with stabilised flame yellow cedar burl with reclaimed carbon steel blade:

5Wt0pxw.jpg

I visited Varusteleka yesterday and got the Terävä Skrama. Peltonen for reference in the pic. Cannot wait to get Skrama into action, must go to the woods some day and do some chopping :)

Edit: As you can see he got a taste of batoning and a little bit of wood chopping in the garage already, he did not come dirty like this from the shop.

Edit 2: Terävä: https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=fi&tl=en&text=Terävä

P1G1k2X.jpg

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised last week to learn that I was selected to design a custom made Grimsmo Norseman. It is a new program they have so that you get to choose all the color combinations. I was notified last week that it was ready and is on the way to me. They sent me a picture below:

View attachment 1218349
I was actually selected for this same "Buyer's Choice" opportunity right about the same time (received the email on 10/17), but I got busy and forgot about it and by the time I checked back the 24-hour time limit had expired. It must have gone to you instead. My loss is your gain! Anyway, I had been on the Maker's Choice list and wasn't even aware that there was such a thing as a Buyer's Choice, so I doubt I could have decided on the options I wanted on such short notice.

As consolation my name was drawn for the Maker's Choice just last night, and I submitted payment for #2984 just today (https://grimsmoknives.com/products/norseman-2984-1975860711). I also previously bought #1563 (https://grimsmoknives.com/products/norseman-1563-0848431710) and #2338 (https://grimsmoknives.com/products/norseman-2338-0485772105). My plan was to flip them until I received one I couldn't part with, but I'm usually busy (i.e., lazy) and never got around to selling them. :/ If my wife gets to this package before I do she will probably stab me in the eye with it.

Back