Everyone's latest acquisitions!

9205489E-3CD2-4D68-BA61-285F148D01E1.jpeg 2B06F86A-0D7B-420C-9197-9A59C44BC47F.jpeg 12DA1790-8BE0-4423-A2D9-8E771A106205.jpeg
Who made or what make is it?

The maker is Olamic cutlery. Beauty of a knife. Grandmaster Grandmaster Will need to chime in on the model as I'm not familiar with that one.

Kinda looks like a busker with a different blade profile.

hey guys, thanks a lot, its the new Olamic WhipperSnapper, with a satin handrubbed wharncliffe blade, and custom build. Its a beautiful knife, its their new front flipper

Iconic awesomeness. Noticeably lighter (2.4 oz) than a regular Leek. CPM154.
I didn't realize that Kershaw also makes these in D2:(, but the price is the same? Tool steel on a gentleman's knife?

DSC00656.JPG

Last edited:
Latest acquisitions:

Buck 110
Cold Steel Colossus 1
Cold Steel Tuff Lite
Cold Steel Pro Lite Clip
Ontario RAT 1

Last edited:
Just bought a Benchmade 560-1 off eBay, traded for a mini grip, and also bought a spyderco ppt. This is after I decided I had too many knives and wasn’t going to buy anymore!

I have a Cold Steel Recon 1 satin spear point Blades Canada exclusive coming and will post a picture when I get it. Kevin

In order of appearance......... OKC RD Tanto, blaze orange RAT 1, some CRKT Tanto thing (04KS?) with a Sandvick steel variation I believe. Just fresh toys for Winter paper birch/ horse hoof fungus collecting.

The first knife I designed. Sort of... It's directly inspired by a butcher tool used by the Spaniards as trench dagger in the 17th century Dutch wars (check out the movie "Capitan Alatriste" with Viggo Mortensen). My version has full length cutting edges and it is beautifully made by Daado (on Blade Forums' Knife Maker Market). He really nailed it : it is perfectly balanced, light but with just enough weight to give a satisfying feedback, carefully finished with a hint of rough that makes it downright "period correct". I could go re-enacting... I use it for everything cutting related (as I have currently no enemies to stab :D). It makes for a great deboning knife (tested on chicken), string and rope cutter, cardboard, too. It does actually great at any free hand cutting task. And yes, wearing it on the belt (at home, at home....) is a very different feeling from a folder in a pouch.
BgH8cVJ.jpg

A week and a half ago I picked up a standard spyderco shaman. I really like it

Saturday I picked up a benchmade 761

Been considering a brand new chris reeve eventually. My wallet deserves a breather first tho. Been spending alot the last 2 months

The first knife I designed. Sort of... It's directly inspired by a butcher tool used by the Spaniards as trench dagger in the 17th century Dutch wars (check out the movie "Capitan Alatriste" with Viggo Mortensen). My version has full length cutting edges and it is beautifully made by Daado (on Blade Forums' Knife Maker Market). He really nailed it : it is perfectly balanced, light but with just enough weight to give a satisfying feedback, carefully finished with a hint of rough that makes it downright "period correct". I could go re-enacting... I use it for everything cutting related (as I have currently no enemies to stab :D). It makes for a great deboning knife (tested on chicken), string and rope cutter, cardboard, too. It does actually great at any free hand cutting task. And yes, wearing it on the belt (at home, at home....) is a very different feeling from a folder in a pouch.
BgH8cVJ.jpg

Nice, man! That lengua de vaca dagger caught my eye as well. I actually contacted the original maker of the movie prop in Spain to see how much it would cost to make me one like it. Not sure if he's still around though. I was broke at the time and he wanted a ridiculous amount of money for a replica...

BTW it is not something the Spaniard commonly used on the field as far as I know. The author of the book just gave the protagonist one. These are knives used by butchers to this day.

L Legendary_Jarl Yes, it's a movie prop and a very nice design at that. It's somewhere between a lengua de vaca (as made by Muela, for example) and a puntilla bellota. In the book it is just said "they used to carry yellow handled (?) butcher knives". I'm not sure the author had a puntilla in mind. That was indeed the choice of the film maker. Of course, a puntilla makes for a fearsome dagger. And IMO, Viggo makes for a great Capitan Alatriste !

Last edited:
Back