Everyone's latest acquisitions!

I have the same one, great knife! Take care of the tip, I ever so slightly broke a very small piece of the tip off lol. It's barely noticable.
Thanks and for sure ! I think it’s more of a tactical then anything. Although what a great slicer :thumbsup: and eye candy.

On a whim, I picked up a QSP Shark. For 40 bucks, it's a fantastic folder. Zero issues out of the box.

second was a special edition. I won't name the company, because it will cause this thread to get closed...But all American made, at a premium price, which I can acknowledge, because U.S. manufacturing has higher costs, etc. Unfortunately, but not uncommon for this brand, the knife had several issues: The pivot was too tight, and the knife was very difficult to open, but it still had blade play. The liner lock geometry was off, and when opening (needing two hands), the action was very gritty, with a metallic sound. Opening it up, the non lock liner was warped, slightly, and on the lock side, there was a piece of left over metal from where the pivot hole was cut, which caused the blade coating to wear in that spot, and caused the opening issue. I cleaned it all up, and the knife is fine...How this piece made it out the door is a mystery and a bit of a disgrace, as the U.S. manufacturers have to step it up to sell at domestic price points and compete with these overseas brands. The QSP, for forty bucks, is near perfect. The U.S. blade for 260ish, was a mess. The U.S. brands have to do better, or they'll be overtaken.

BHK Patriot Scout, scandi grind
LT Wright outback
2 new sheaths for BK2's
Bunch of supplies to mod my BK2's.

q5zFXdT.jpg

mVbRwCz.jpg

Ayex9Y1.jpg

I bought this Link after work today Willy nilly at the knife shop in the mall. It's a lot of things I don't usually care for, but I liked the overall aesthetics. I wish it was 20-30% bigger, better steel and no assist.

Other than those nitpicks it's a cool knife. View attachment 1246604
I had a link for a good bit,I let it go and regret it . Need to pick up another one.

I bought this Link after work today Willy nilly at the knife shop in the mall. It's a lot of things I don't usually care for, but I liked the overall aesthetics. I wish it was 20-30% bigger, better steel and no assist.

Other than those nitpicks it's a cool knife. View attachment 1246604
I had a link for a good bit,I let it go and regret it . Need to pick up another one.

I had a cold steel storm cloud and a boker stout come in today. Storm cloud is going back for uneven grinds and poor fit and finish. Also their pocket opener wouldn't open the knife fully.

Muela scorpion, cheap stabby large fixed blade.

Seems like a lot of quality for little money. I love it, comes with a great leather sheath belt dangler.

Haven't been on in a few days but I have a funny Christmas story I wanted to tell you guys.

So normally my fiance doesn't buy me knives. If she wants to get me something I'll put it in the cart and she'll buy it. Well this Christmas she decided to branch out and do it herself (I had no idea btw) so Christmas comes were opening gifts, I open up a Kershaw box...... Cool. Open it up anddddddd it's a chive. Lol Great knife but to small for my mits. So I do what most of us have done and say how awesome it is and how much I like it and blah blah blah. Well I hold it up to open it and real loud my fiance goes "WHAT THE F@#K IS THAT?!?". Of course I'm confused at this point and she goes on to tell me she paid over $90 for that tiny thing and starts to cry and say she had no idea it was gonna be that small. She never inspected the knife when it came she just wrapped it. I knew there was no way she paid that much for a chive (knivesshipfree). So she comes back into the room laughing through her tears and holds up her phone and said I only paid $30 for your baby knife and this is what I meant to order...... Blue launch 1:D:D:D. Apparently she ordered in a hurry at work and paid absolutely no attention to what she ordered....... So now I have a blue chive and a blue launch 1 on the way:D:D:D:D.

The look on her face was priceless when I held up that tiny knife.

Haven't been on in a few days but I have a funny Christmas story I wanted to tell you guys.

So normally my fiance doesn't buy me knives. If she wants to get me something I'll put it in the cart and she'll buy it. Well this Christmas she decided to branch out and do it herself (I had no idea btw) so Christmas comes were opening gifts, I open up a Kershaw box...... Cool. Open it up anddddddd it's a chive. Lol Great knife but to small for my mits. So I do what most of us have done and say how awesome it is and how much I like it and blah blah blah. Well I hold it up to open it and real loud my fiance goes "WHAT THE F@#K IS THAT?!?". Of course I'm confused at this point and she goes on to tell me she paid over $90 for that tiny thing and starts to cry and say she had no idea it was gonna be that small. She never inspected the knife when it came she just wrapped it. I knew there was no way she paid that much for a chive (knivesshipfree). So she comes back into the room laughing through her tears and holds up her phone and said I only paid $30 for your baby knife and this is what I meant to order...... Blue launch 1:D:D:D. Apparently she ordered in a hurry at work and paid absolutely no attention to what she ordered....... So now I have a blue chive and a blue launch 1 on the way:D:D:D:D.

The look on her face was priceless when I held up that tiny knife.

Dude you should toss her out the door for messing up a knife order like that....deal breaker right there.

Some things in a relationship you gotta have a zero tolerance policy with.

Back