Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Ace Hardware??

Also, gorgeous knife. I'm waiting on mine to be delivered..

Hahaha, almost. Local Army-Navy.
They always have tons of Microtechs, none of which have EVER interested me...until today.

The OD green with bronze hardware just spoke to me.
I went back to it three times...which means “buy me!”
<<and a Veteran’s Day discount closed the deal :)>>

Hahaha, almost. Local Army-Navy.
They always have tons of Microtechs, none of which have EVER interested me...until today.

The OD green with bronze hardware just spoke to me.
I went back to it three times...which means “buy me!”
<<and a Veteran’s Day discount closed the deal :)>>

Must be one hell of a Army Navy store if they're selling OTF's!!

Awesome knife my man. How's the action, and blade play?

Tell me about this Rat, please! Did you do the work to it?

I love Rat knives, I just hate the slick plastic slabs.

I did the scales myself starting with a 1/8" thick sheet of canvas micarta. It was more work than I expected getting the counterbore holes right and milling out the space where the liner lock travels, then hand sanding and coating with linseed oil. I wrote a more detailed description in the Ontario Knife Co subforum awhile back.

The acid wash on the blade and mirror finish sharpening was done by Way of Knife, and the clip was from Pops Custom Clips.

I was very pleased with how it came out, and the knife performs great.

Picked this beauty up Today at Koenig!

124694964_10159469295274523_4926949513600258670_o.jpg
124792522_10159469134989523_2003016146373812046_o.jpg

Must be one hell of a Army Navy store if they're selling OTF's!!

Awesome knife my man. How's the action, and blade play?
Action is great. You have to put your heart into the switch, but it’s not stiff.
There’s a little blade play, about what I would expect from all the Y-tube I’ve watched.
It’s my first OTF, first auto too...so not a huge frame of reference.
It *feels* like quality, or I’d just kept movin’ along.
Hope you love yours when it arrives.

I did the scales myself starting with a 1/8" thick sheet of canvas micarta. It was more work than I expected getting the counterbore holes right and milling out the space where the liner lock travels, then hand sanding and coating with linseed oil. I wrote a more detailed description in the Ontario Knife Co subforum awhile back.

The acid wash on the blade and mirror finish sharpening was done by Way of Knife, and the clip was from Pops Custom Clips.

I was very pleased with how it came out, and the knife performs great.

Wow, super impressive!! Great job man! You made one good knife a great one!

I'd love another Rat like yours! Can't buy another knife for a while though, the wife would murder me. Heh heh

Action is great. You have to put your heart into the switch, but it’s not stiff.
There’s a little blade play, about what I would expect from all the Y-tube I’ve watched.
It’s my first OTF, first auto too...so not a huge frame of reference.
It *feels* like quality, or I’d just kept movin’ along.
Hope you love yours when it arrives.

Awesome, man. Keep us updated what you think of that knife for EDC

this made me jump on mbk’s site. Almost pulled the trigger on an OG.

Unfortunately, it had to go. Too many in the collection that won out. I recommend it though. Ergos & action are great. The CF was very nicely done.

There’s mixed opinion on these, but at a solid discount? Sure, I’ll give ‘em a try.

I will say this: I had no idea what sharp was until I unboxed these things.

And they’ll be way better than the KitchenAid crap we’ve been using.

Let’s see how they hold up.

These are great kitchen knives in their price range. Many people have high remarks on Shun paring knife. Just keep in your mind that the Damascus layers can be scratched up easily if cosmetics is important to you.

These are great kitchen knives in their price range. Many people have high remarks on Shun paring knife. Just keep in your mind that the Damascus layers can be scratched up easily if cosmetics is important to you.
Signs of use add character!
Bring ‘em on!!

Got this from NGK, the smallest D. Ralph you'll probably see, the Mini EDC. :) Out of the box it had a small blemish on the blade but is sharper than some more expensive slipjoints. Opening action is a bit soft while it snaps strongly when closing, not quite seamless on the spine, and I do wish it had a lanyard hole. I might make it tie clip or something.;)

Attachments

• IMG_5303.JPG
    IMG_5303.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5304.JPG
    IMG_5304.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5305.JPG
    IMG_5305.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 13
Back