Everyone's latest acquisitions!

[video=youtube;_MaAz4gvFTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MaAz4gvFTQ[/video]

photo.php

Depending on how you define "acquire," this could be mine... I was cleaning out and re-organizing one of my knife safes last weekend, and I forgot that I had this one buried in the back. Old-school RC-3MIL, basically un-used:

It's always cool finding a knife you forgot you still had - kinda like finding money! Sweet...

Money was tight for quite a long time, so I had been on a knife buying hiatus. Started selling off knives to pay bills when, somewhat unexpectedly, finances not only stabilized, but significantly improved. Since then I've been on a (for me) ridiculous buying spree. Started innocently with a CRKT Minimalist Bowie. Then saw a great price on a CS Talwar in OD green. Couldn't resist and noticed the same great price on a tan handled AK-47, so that went in the cart as well. Then I was on the verge of ordering a ZDP-189 Delica, but I saw a good deal on a Yojimbo 2 so I snagged that instead. Then Whitty was blowing out his Italian made DPX knives and the HEAT looked so chubby and adorable, so I picked one up. Lastly, I noticed the new Real Steel Griffin E775 with buttonlock and was immediately enamored. $42, what the hell? So that's now in the drawer.

Then I saw a thread about Rick Lowe on the Fiddleback forum and made the offhand comment that I was waiting for the next run of leather wrapped kydex for the Production Hiking Buddy so I could experiment with fixed blade EDC and next thing I know I have a PM in my inbox with him offering to whip one up for me (how cool is that? Seriously talented craftsman who, VERY politely reached out to me and told me he could have one ready by Monday. That's customer service, my friends.)

Now I'm waiting on the White River Jerry Fisk Sendero Classic to get in stock and then I'll be snapping one up. And if I sell off a bit more of my collection a Skrama knife and Perrin La Griffe may be in the offing. Retail therapy, gentlemen, it's not just for the ladies. Happily, this has all been funded by reducing and refocusing the collection, so I can spend pretty much guilt free. Although, after all this I'll probably go back on hiatus for awhile, largely because I can't think of too many other knives I want to buy at the moment.

I'll try to throw a link to pictures together tomorrow, but my photography is downright embarassing compared to some of the shots on this thread.

Last edited:

Is that Gerber a Legend? I've been carrying one of those for over 10 years & find uses for it every day.

Wherever we are if someone needs something cut, twisted, tightened up, or whatever, out comes my multi-tool or a folder. My wife just rolls her eyes.

Back