Evolution of a king (pic heavy!)

Been carrying it today at work and it works like a charm, like the knife is not there at all. With a teklok it rides too high and the handle pokes my side when I sit, but not with the frog. I'm gonna keep on doing them for big knives.

Great work man! Lovin the cock etching. (Sounds strange!!)
I really like the frog idea too. Lots of great ideas you have all worked into your 9.

I love that little etch... looks really cool.. you should make that your personal logo/symbol.. I really like it. Good looking blade man, cheers.

I love that little etch... looks really cool.. you should make that your personal logo/symbol.. I really like it. Good looking blade man, cheers.

I thought about it too. Not decided yet on what is gonna be my maker's mark, I will have to decide once I have a properly done forge up and running (hopefully soon!)

So... it was time for the king to get dirty and earn its place in the lineup, enough pretty modeling done already. Yesterday it went to town on the tree over my driveway. While the boomslang and cs t'hawk came out to play later, the heaviest stuff, big branch chomping (while still attached to the tree) and more than half the pile of chopped stuff was done with mr. 9. At one point I grabbed the boomslang with the left on a double wield and things got heavy...sometimes had both of them hitting the same gash...the boomslang had the bigger girth, but the 9 was more agile...too awkward :D by the end of it I was too tired and started to process firewood with the boomslang cause it kinda outchops (gasp!) the 9 due to its bigger size and thinned convex, but the pile was too much and better done on another day.

Kissing cousins ain't the right term...more like chopping cousins:

88D065EE-orig.jpg

at peace with each other...

C22232E7-orig.jpg

boomslang can't be left out.

EE57184B-orig.jpg

nice pile, plus firewood

1E0E13B5-orig.jpg

Those are some sick mods man. I'm really diggin that leather over kydex sheath you've got. :thumbup:

One of these days I am going to pick up one of those boomslangs. It is tempting me every time someone posts a picture of one... :D

Back