Experimental??

Got this Micarta handle Calypso Jr. Serrated yesterday..I bought a plain edge for my son as his firt knife and became hooked on it so I got me one..Box say 12/97 and Experiment on it...Some kind of prototype ?

View

If it dosen't show it can be viewed in my album.

I would have asked the dealer but it slipped by me.

------------------
My blades,Family and sale items.

More knives than you can shake a stick at...Well you could shake a stick at all of em,but yer hand would be REALLY tired.

[This message has been edited by Endura Duck (edited 08-26-2000).]

The Micarta C52 Calypso Jr. and full-size Calypso C54 seem to have been favorites of Internet knife forumites, but not of the wider market, so they're no longer being produced, though there are still some to be found if you ask around.

The C52 is still being made in stainless (hollow-ground) and in lightweight FRN with an reversable pivot-end clip and a flat-ground scary-sharp VG10 blade that is, IMHO, one of Spyderco's Best Buys.

If you like the micarta construction of the C52BMS and BMP, and the older Goddard series, among other discontinued Spydercos, you may want to take a look at the Al Mar Ultralight series that are still being produced, probably in the same excellent factory in Seki City.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Back