1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Explain your avatar...

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Myker, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Myker

Myker Banned BANNED

Feb 5, 2011
    Like it says, why did you chose that one to represent you? Or not choose one.

I personally can't figure out how to do it, I'm awful with this technology. What's your reason? Would really like to hear from the people that use actors as theres especially, but I'd like to hear from all, so do please chime in.

2. Skimo

Skimo

Mar 28, 2009
    A friend googled skimo and found this bear.

3. 1SHOT1KILL

1SHOT1KILL Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2009
    My wife likens me and my attitude to that of a wolverine...

4. JTR357

JTR357

Sep 10, 2007
  5. seelow123

seelow123

Oct 4, 2008
    Mines a Paramilitary 2, One of the best production knives for the price IMHO.

6. Myker

Myker Banned BANNED

Feb 5, 2011
    Like that sleeping tiger, that's a good one.

7. sqoon

sqoon

Jan 1, 2010
    I like squirrels. Found this when I was searching for images. I just thought it looked cool. S for Superman... S for Sqoon. I probably could have put more thought into it.

8. culpritish

culpritish Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2006
    No one more "culprit-ish" than Carl Spackler, your loyal groundskeeper. Nuff said.

9. Szilard

Szilard

Mar 5, 2012
    I think my avatar is hilarious. Cats that have this amount of terror and rage cause me to laugh.

10. cj65

cj65 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Mine is a statue I saw at the entrance to Pismo/Grover Beach CA. I had it on my bucket list to drive my vehicle on the beach shore. Since it is a pirate theme here, well, "When in Rome...."

11. Myker

Myker Banned BANNED

Feb 5, 2011
    Thanks CJ, always wondered about yours.

12. Bowxpress

Bowxpress

Oct 17, 2010
    Mine is from "gun-smoke" one of my all time favorite shows

13. R. Scheppmann Knives

R. Scheppmann Knives

Jul 19, 2011
    A nice cold Guinness after a long day in the shop. Reminds me of the finer things in life :D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  14. JAB

JAB

Dec 13, 2005
    I use favorite actors/movie characters and used to change them pretty frequently but, over the last couple years, I've gotten lazy and just keep the same one until the whim to change it strikes. The current one was inspired by the urge to use a quote from the movie in some W&C thread or other and I went ahead and switched to the matching avatar at the same time.

15. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    My avatar is of my fuzzy ferret Prop. I took the pic, just as he was yawning submissively as in "Let me down!"

He passed away last year because of cancer 5½ years old. :thumbdn:

I choose this pic because this way i still get to see him every day :)

16. MountainBilly

MountainBilly

Nov 13, 2007
    My favorite "cartoon" (actually claymation) is "Rex the Runt". Not finding a suitable image of Rex or Bad Bob online, I settled for Vince.

17. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    My avatar is of buck from ice age 3. Its my kids favorite movie and the character is a wandering mountain man who carries.a primitive bk5.

18. Myker

Myker Banned BANNED

Feb 5, 2011
    Great stuff so far guys, any way to maybe move this as an off topic in maybe the Becker sub forum, maybe some mod assistance.

19. dogwood dan

dogwood dan KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 19, 2011
    being a son of the south the dogwood and magnolia trees have always had symbolism in my life. When I started making knives I named the company dogwood. I chose the name because they are simple and some times over looked, the wood takes some creativity to work with but it is incredible hard, and thought it has a short life ( for a tree) it's wood will last many life times. I chose a simple clean "stamped" image of a dogwood blossom as my makers mark because I wanted remind myself to keep simple clean lines. unfortunately when I shrink the image down and put it on a blade it looks more like a shamrock then a Dogwood blossom, so I am working on a new makers maker but want to keep this image around because I am southern and tradition and all that.

yes,yes, yes I could have said I chose this avatar because it was my first makers mark but hey did I mention I am souther what have we ever done that was fast?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  20. Myker

Myker Banned BANNED

Feb 5, 2011
    Great one Dogwood.