Extrema Ratio Fulcrum Bayonet NFG-When it's not a Bayonet

Hi, I had my eye on this Extrema Ratio model for a bit but the bayonet version, then recently ER brought out an identical knife, well almost. So it lacks the sharpened upper tip (military issue only), the guard to accept a barrel and the butt clamp for a rail, a cut down carry system (but this makes it super fast to remove knife scabbard and use as effective barbed wire cutters/double single stranded (I cut both and new, not some half rusty ready to break) wire, easily. It's for those who want a military proven knife, some of those features but not face any potential legal issues with bayonet ownership- so we're talking I guess elsewhere out of the US? USA people please let this humble Aussie know. From what I see on YT it's quite legal to own one even if you are not enlisted????

Anyway, see it here.

And no, I didn't get paid for it, they never asked me to review it either (I make all my videos for fun- (as to quote/use the same channel name as "Cutlery lover"- that's me too LOL! whilst on other jobs unrelated to any outdoor stuff) read my previous threads, and I never discuss pricing, as I'm not trying to sell it for them. Just present what I find on tool that I personally like and use.

regards.

FCCBCT

Great video! I had a few Extrema Ratio knives over the years. I think they are very underrated. The Nexus series as well, if they could produce more volume at a more attainable price point I think we could see more of them state side. I miss those handles for chopping. So little shock is transferred to the hand.

Great video! I had a few Extrema Ratio knives over the years. I think they are very underrated. The Nexus series as well, if they could produce more volume at a more attainable price point I think we could see more of them state side. I miss those handles for chopping. So little shock is transferred to the hand.
Hi there thanks for your comments! Yes, those handles are indeed great for shock absorption. I think this is certainly the biggest issue in the states I hear a lot about and that's the pricing. I guess that smaller volume keeps it up. I'm guessing their main market is direct to military bodies and what we all see is the kind of limited numbers and this probably keeps the price high.

OP, to answer your question: it is legal to own any bayonet in Texas, and even carry in public (except for schools, bars, hospitals, courthouses, etc.). I'm reasonably certain it is legal to own bayonets in most other states, but public carry will be hit or miss in many eastern states and large cities. Gotta love federalism.

Hi, thanks for answering that. With all these crazy knife laws going around the world it's hard to keep up with it and am cautious about what I say die to everyone's laws being different.

Back