F-16 Picture Thread. Post them if ya got them...

Not trying to be snarky, do these blades serve a practical purpose, or are they mainly for...well, because they are awesome looking?
They're kind of like an STI pistol collection; not good for much of anything practical. Except pulling out every once in awhile to fondle and maybe play ninja with in front of the mirror, you know, if that's your thing. o_O

Without seeing it in person, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that top layer is snakeskin. Black. Red. Yellow. It looks different on every knife it's on.
:eek: Wow, wouldn't that be something? :thumbsup::thumbsup: Got some nice thickness on that piece too if it is :thumbsup:

Until Jerry or Garth says I'm wrong...
Tigerhide. :D

Hoping they'll weigh in. I'm still not sure...

Looking back at the original post, Nuclear handle options included:

It's kind of Tiger Hide-ish, but doesn't look like linen to me. I think it must be the "Tan, Green, and Black, Layered Canvas Micarta." There's a hint of green between the black and the tan. It maybe shows up a little better on the damp end:

CwEXUn3.jpg

Thanks, you saved me some photos tonight. :D :thumbsup: There's definitely some green in there. Not sure if it's an actual layer, or maybe some kind of oxidization of the epoxy between some of the layers of canvas. IDK at this point.

My guess is the tan green black layered will be similar to the pattern of the black & red layered. No Tigerhide pattern. But again, I'm convinced, need Garth or Jerry to tell me differently if it isn't...& trust me, I'd like to be wrong, 'cause if I'm wrong, hopefully that means we'll see a lot more of this on future offerings! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Maybe it's Tigerhide 2.0!! :eek:
ETA: Ooooh, I do see the green now, hmmm...:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Jungle Tigerhide? lol
I don't know what it is, but I don't really care either. It looks great whatever it is! :D :cool:

Hoping they'll weigh in. I'm still not sure...

Thanks, you saved me some photos tonight. :D :thumbsup: There's definitely some green in there. Not sure if it's an actual layer, or maybe some kind of oxidization of the epoxy between some of the layers of canvas. IDK at this point.

I don't know what it is, but I don't really care either. It looks great whatever it is! :D :cool:

LOL I've stared at mine quite a bit...I don't see green, then for a flash, is that it? ...Then back to not seeing it. This under several different lights, a white led flashlight...lol My top layer is pretty thin. Trying to remember how thick the 1911 grips were, gotta dig them up. Like you said, either way lol :thumbsup:, & I'm hoping it is the return of TH, & dare I even say the possibility of more or new Snakeskin too? :eek:
Oh man...think I'm actually salivating.. :oops::D;)

Without seeing it in person, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that top layer is snakeskin. Black. Red. Yellow. It looks different on every knife it's on.

:eek: Wow, wouldn't that be something? :thumbsup::thumbsup: Got some nice thickness on that piece too if it is :thumbsup:

Oh man, new snakeskin... :eek: :cool:

Could this be snakeskin? I didn’t see that option in the original offer page. I assumed it was red/black linen. I have never owned any linen Micarta or snakeskin Micarta. I am happy either way, but would love to know more.
View attachment 1440892 View attachment 1440893 View attachment 1440894

Could this be snakeskin? I didn’t see that option in the original offer page. I assumed it was red/black linen. I have never owned any linen Micarta or snakeskin Micarta. I am happy either way, but would love to know more.

Great pictures. I’m becoming more convinced.

Can you post a pic from the side showing the stack of layers? I’d love to compare it to a side view of a snakeskin game warden or similar.

No. Without a doubt, that's red/black linen. I like it, looks real nice. I wish there was still snakeskin around, it's my favorite. Here's an example of one I have:

IMG_4433.JPG

There's green, red, yellow, and orange in it, among others. Unequaled, and sadly, according to the Boss, not duplicatable. :(

Great pictures. I’m becoming more convinced.
Definitely NOT snakeskin.

No. Without a doubt, that's red/black linen. I like it, looks real nice. I wish there was still snakeskin around, it's my favorite. Here's an example of one I have:

View attachment 1440905

There's green, red, yellow, and orange in it, among others. Unequaled, and sadly, according to the Boss, not duplicatable. :(

Definitely NOT snakeskin.
Thanks for the comparison! I agree. Red/black linen it is!

Congrats to everyone !!!! These imo have to some of the best handles ever !!!!!!! All of them just awesome !!

Back