"Face Off" guns? Sort of.

A while back Anne and I saw the movie "Face Off" with Nicholas Cage and John Travolta.

Anne and I really liked the two guns Cage used. These were special edition Colt 1911 with gold accents. I knew that I waould never find anything like them and had to be satisfied with drooling.

A month later we went to a gun show and saw two Taurus 9mms that looked a lot similar. We walked by the table. Did not even stop. I told Anne, "Damn, I hope someone buys them and removes the temptation!" "They are beautiful, Bill. You have a birthday coming up?"

"Sure, Anne, in 6 months!"

We cruised the rest of the show, slowly, giving others a better chance to get them.

Went back by, she picked up one. I held the other. "COOL!" We walked on.

"Maybe I should get one, Anne?"

Back again, "What's your best price on one?" I asked. He said, "I'd rather sell them as a pair, you may notice that the serial numbers are consecutive....."

DAMN! I knew that he had me! "Well, I'd hate to break up a pair, but I am on a budget, and the show ends in an hour." Crap! Made us an offer we couldn't refuse.

Later at home I showed them to a fellow gun enthusiast. A client and a very well-off guy. I had introduced him to the marvelous leather work of Sam Andrews and he had bought quite a few pieces.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Most of Sam's pieces are hand made to order. Three months later I opened a package from Sam with some curiosity. Inside was a double shoulder rig that fit the two Taurus perfectly. Extra mag clip holders.

A present from my friend. My name on the back of each holster. BTW the holsters are detachable and will go on a belt.

I was blown away. Thought that I would share my good fortune with my friends in the Cantina.

Guess I need to get him something?

Beautiful rig, nice pistols, great friend...

Now...whatinthehell were you doing on that knee for FOUR hours at BLADE? They have wheel chairs, you know? You trying to screw it up? C'mon superman, let the dammthing heal, will ya?

The whole thing's great. The afternoon, Bill, Anne, the guns, Show, Deal, the gesture from the Craftsman, and you bringing us the story. It's a nice...I don't know what to call it...

But...Nice.

munk

....a double holster?

"Good evening, Officer. May I help you?

munk

If I had my choice of the guns used in that movie, it would be the Beretta 93R! :cool:

Someday I want my Kimber 1911 engraved. Real fancy like. Even if I have to learn how to do it myself!

the possum said:
If I had my choice of the guns used in that movie, it would be the Beretta 93R! :cool:

Someday I want my Kimber 1911 engraved. Real fancy like. Even if I have to learn how to do it myself!

Those are neat also. Class III weapon with a three shot burst. Mack Bolan special.

Bill Marsh said:
Mack Bolan special.

Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in years. I was just trying to remember the name because I saw someone's forum handle - Stoneyman - the other day and it reminded me of the series. Is it still being published? I used to read all the "Mack Bolan" and "The Destroyer" books 20 years ago.

tedwca said:
Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in years. I was just trying to remember the name because I saw someone's forum handle - Stoneyman - the other day and it reminded me of the series. Is it still being published? I used to read all the "Mack Bolan" and "The Destroyer" books 20 years ago.

Always good to find a kindred spirit!

"Mack do you have a plan?"

"Yeah, bust down the door and kill everything that moves!"

depusm12 said:
Mack always had a plan of some kind. Usually dirty n dangerous. Not one 93R but a pair, three round burst from each. Or twin Glock 18's. Check out the gunleather at this site pretty simple but from exotic skins. http://www.raftersgunleather.com/

James

I like the Shark. Many old chinese swords had ray skin (shark family) covers on the scabbards.

Purty!!!

Leatherwork is great on the shoulder rig. I think you should get your friend to make a his and her pair for you and Annie.

After all, women can even vote now. And having an armed partner is better backup than another firearm strapped on your body.

Besides, it's romantic. :)

All sorts of good words spring to mind!!!! Beautiful rig, beautiful gesture!!!!:thumbup: :cool: :D

Good things happen to good people. (Well, usually anyway...:D) Sure did in this case! Congrats on a sweet rig with beautiful workmanship. Only thing I have that could come close is an older Jackass (Galco later) leather rig with offside double mag pouch.

Norm

Svashtar said:
Good things happen to good people. (Well, usually anyway...:D) Sure did in this case! Congrats on a sweet rig with beautiful workmanship. Only thing I have that could come close is an older Jackass (Galco later) leather rig with offside double mag pouch.

Norm

Thanks Norm and you other guys!

Got one of those Jackass rigs, no double pouch, around here somewhere. It was what Don Johnson used on "Miami Vice" many years ago. Think it fit my Detonics SS .45.

There was another character like Mack Bolan, I think his name was John Rourke, "The Survivalist" who used Detonics .45s. The author was Jerry Ahern. Met Jerry at a gun show. He was selling CCW holsters.

Back