Factory 2nd Questions

I just got my order in for a 4.1 factory 2nd in 3V. That's like $45 off a regular one with the 20% off. Total $115 and change.

I just wanna know if anyone has ever had a really bad factory 2nd from Survive? Never bought a factory 2nd anything before. Bought clothes from outlets which are like 2nds, but nothing else.

I'm sure it's fine, just a little nervous. I'd love to hear any experience good or bad with factory 2nds. Thanks!

I have purchased several 2nds, a couple had a few marks on the blade, but for the most part look the same as the rest of my Survive knives. That's a great price, use it and don't worry.

I don't have an expert eye, but I couldn't see anything wrong with my factory second 3.5. For the 4.1s, they posted some pictures, some showing a rough surface, to help give an idea of what there might be. For the price I think it's well worth it.

For that price, I wouldn't worry about a slight blemish here or there. The build quality is still on par. Guy wouldn't send it out if it wasn't. He'll take care of it if something happens (and it won't) so get it in your mind that this will be a user not a looker and enjoy it.

For that price, I wouldn't worry about a slight blemish here or there. The build quality is still on par. Guy wouldn't send it out if it wasn't. He'll take care of it if something happens (and it won't) so get it in your mind that this will be a user not a looker and enjoy it.

^Yep. If we ever thought something had the slightest potential to fail it wouldn't even go into the scrap pile, instead it would go straight to the trash.

OK. Thanks everyone. Thanks Ellie. Like I said I never ordered a 2nd so didn't know what to expect.

Looking at the pics of the examples of the cosmetic issues the 2nds may have (which are not bad at all!), they show the old style tang with cut outs. I'm hoping they ship that type as I'd prefer the lighter weight and balance. Does anyone know for sure if the 2nds are skeletonized? I'm stoked to receive mine either way. Thanks.

The 2nds are of the old design so it has the cutouts/skeletonized. I think only the starters are not.

I like the newer designs to be honest but the deal was too good to pass up.

S!K "factory seconds" are fairly notorious for being very close to factory "firsts" or regular production blades.

Most people have a hard time even finding the "defect" in their 2nds.
So congrats on a killer score my friend! You're gonna love it

Back