Factory seconds??

Does anyone know if Buck sells factory seconds and if so where do you buy them? Maybe Joe Houser can chime in here.

You can ask Joe but I'm sure Buck does not let factory seconds into general circulation. In the past they have sent some knives that did not pass QA to missionaries in the far east.

Best I have seen is they sell FB Factory Blemish knives in the factory store... IF you want a factory blemish...
Jim

Obtained a signed FB 110 with a Buck ball cap on the Bay.

The box says "Factory Blemish" at the top of the familiar label.
On the tang opposite the 110 and Potato-State year mark, it is block engraved "FB".

The only thing I can see wrong with it is that the pivot pin doesn't seem flush (it's indented a bit).

Read somewhere that you can buy these in some box or barrel at the Buck pad. The seller, or someone else, had CJ and Chuck Buck sign the blade.

Livin' La Vida Loca...
Goose.
BCCI 1190
EIEIO

I think that seller had quite a few of those? OR their was more on ebay than that! Nothing wrong with them still very functional! The ones I saw were also very minor flaws. the worst one I saw listed had a dent or mar on one of the back pins. Heck it just looked like I had it for an hour! Tried to win a couple but because they were signed they went high(er)
Just went to wal mart and bought a few in tins :D
Jim

You know, there can't be all that many FB's turned out...maybe Buck should sell them to the BCCI for Fund Raisers... :p

chickentrax said:
You know, there can't be all that many FB's turned out...maybe Buck should sell them to the BCCI for Fund Raisers... :p
I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Jim

There's one on fleabay, a Custom 110, bark is sanded off, lots of pith shows, stamped FB...Famished Buck antler?:rolleyes:

Scott Hartman said:
There's one on fleabay, a Custom 110, bark is sanded off, lots of pith shows, stamped FB...Famished Buck antler?:rolleyes:

A smooth Sambar stag??? :eek: Link it, please!!! :)

I like blade cut outs:) but, I don't like the looks of the stag on this one!!! Go for it Buckman#10 we are all waiting to see you post the pic's when you have given it a new home;).

jb4570

I like it! Cool knife!
I will stay away too!
I look forward to some pics also!!
Jim

Buckaholic said:
Obtained a signed FB 110 with a Buck ball cap on the Bay.

The box says "Factory Blemish" at the top of the familiar label.
On the tang opposite the 110 and Potato-State year mark, it is block engraved "FB".

The only thing I can see wrong with it is that the pivot pin doesn't seem flush (it's indented a bit).

Read somewhere that you can buy these in some box or barrel at the Buck pad. The seller, or someone else, had CJ and Chuck Buck sign the blade.

Livin' La Vida Loca...
Goose.
BCCI 1190
EIEIO

I have put up two pics of my 110 FB. It is signed, but I didn't emphasize the signatures on the pic. Just the "Factory Bleminsh" box label and "FB" on the tang horizontally below the spine.

Pics 14 & 15 :

http://mongoose.smugmug.com/gallery/1295775/1/94638860

All of the FB knives I have seen were very minor flaws.
I believe Bucks quality control is quite good at what they do!
I would not mind owning that 110! Especially for a user there is nothing wrong with that! I dont think I would want a $120.00 Custom like that but a standard 110, Heck 1 day in the woods and that little dent would be minor!!!
Thanks for the pics! VERY nice 110's Goose!!!!!
I see another Code 3 crosslock on feebay, Stamped FB, because the emt etch on the handle is smudged. A few days of use and that etch would be scratched anyway! Have a good one!
Jim

Back