Fake C81GP2 Para 2

GatorFlash1

Gold Member
Yesterday I posted a question about a para 2 that I thought might be a clone, and it was. Several people asked me to post pictures of it. The following pictures of the black scales Para 2 are the ones of the fake. The pictures of the brown Para 2 are the real deal. I can now easily tell the difference between the two and hope this might help others from getting stiffed like I was. Thanks to all for the advice and counsel.

no notch on liner on the black fake

PLJobYQ.jpg

lock differences on the black fake

IEfjPro.jpg

Jimping differences on the black fake

R0kSvPp.jpg

What the real brown Para 2 looks like on liner, the lock, and the jimping

e8Ykiiw.jpg

APpYfbG.jpg

ufh4Iaw.jpg

Last edited:
This stuff is important. It does suck though, sometimes important info like this gets lost in the cracks of bladeforums lol.

WOW! I don't think I would have caught it, still learning this fake crap, I gotta look at my others now.
Thanks!

/\ Yeah clearly they use real ones and possibly real, stolen CNC machine programs in some cases. Also, I doubt they would understand English lol.

First-time buyers should buy from reputable dealers.

I'm not a first time buyer. I have tried to only buy from dealers or users with good feedback and have generally been successful. This PM 2 is the first time in many years that I have encountered this problem. This is the only knife of my PM collection that was a fake.

The Blade Forums link to fraudulent knives is very long and was not very helpful. The info on You Tube videos about how to spot fakes was also not very helpful because you really almost need a magnifying glass to see the high points. I know because the fake link and the You Tube videos was where I went before posting this problem on the Spyderco section of BF.

I generally do not disassemble my knives because I have read many posts about problems with reassembly and don't want to ding up a new knife.

I thank everyone for their input and help. I wish we had something like this for all popular knives. I don't think most knife owners have the time to dwell into the depths of fake knives. That is why I try to buy only from known reputable dealers and highly recommended sellers on websites like BF.

Holy heck people, victim blaming? So disappointed in some BF members right now. Time to expand my ignore list.

OP, thank you for sharing. I don't know that I could identify the differences in pictures, as they look pretty subtle. What made you think it was a clone? I have to imagine it would just have felt different in hand or something?

It is okay, I believe everyone who posted is on the same track of how to stop fake knives from being sold.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the counterfeiters buy an actual pm2 and work from there... Doubt they are on bladeforums but you never know

While I was on vacation earlier this year, I watched a man (whose ethnic background shall remain unmentioned) walking around in a brick and mortar knife store with an iPad, sending pictures to, and I quote, his friend in China.

Reactions: vba
Back