FAKE COLD STEEL AD-10 ON ePREY

Cannot link to active sale by Forum rules, but it's missing cutouts on top of each scale. CHINA seller, and six bids have pushed it "up" to a dizzying $12.50. Seller "Shopper.wave."

Two more seemingly identical fakes on "buy now" for $72.00. CHINA seller dewatha
_suppliers.

There are lots of fake Cold Steel knives on fleabay....some sellers don't even bother to hide the fact that they are fakes either.....

When one considers the extent of copying/counterfeiting that goes on, I am amazed that Knife companies even bother to contract in China. With over 1500 factories in Yangjiang it's no secret that some of these same factories that do legitimate OEM contract work also pump out these "copies". Cold Steel, SOG, Spyderco and Benchmade are heavily targeted but I seriously doubt there is any well known Knife Manufacturer that hasn't been victimized.

" The global counterfeit trade for all items, from purses to electronics to software, is worth USD 461 billion, about 2.5% of all trade worldwide. That is more than the global drug trade. Despite attempts regulation, international trade in counterfeit goods has almost doubled since 2008.
According to the 2018 Global Brand Counterfeiting Report, worldwide losses suffered due to counterfeiting amounted to USD 323 billion in 2017, with handbag companies alone accounting for $20 billion of that.
80% of the world’s counterfeit goods come from China, "

In addition to diplomatic pressure on China to eliminate this counterfeit industry, e-commerce platforms globally need to be held accountable for the marketing of such illegal products. Frankly. I think both knife makers and knife buyers need to end this myopic view of supporting the Chinese knife industry.

Ebay has tons of straight out counterfeits of Cold Steel , Spyderco , Benchmade and many others .

It's strictly "buyer beware " . Ebay just don't care and makes a ton of money , so why should they ?

You CAN and always should, demand a full refund and not pay return shipping for a fake .

But you can educate yourself and avoid most fakes .

Lots of perfectly legit genuine brand name knives to be found on Ebay for a good price . Just got to know how to sort them out .

When one considers the extent of copying/counterfeiting that goes on, I am amazed that Knife companies even bother to contract in China. With over 1500 factories in Yangjiang it's no secret that some of these same factories that do legitimate OEM contract work also pump out these "copies". Cold Steel, SOG, Spyderco and Benchmade are heavily targeted but I seriously doubt there is any well known Knife Manufacturer that hasn't been victimized.

" The global counterfeit trade for all items, from purses to electronics to software, is worth USD 461 billion, about 2.5% of all trade worldwide. That is more than the global drug trade. Despite attempts regulation, international trade in counterfeit goods has almost doubled since 2008.
According to the 2018 Global Brand Counterfeiting Report, worldwide losses suffered due to counterfeiting amounted to USD 323 billion in 2017, with handbag companies alone accounting for $20 billion of that.
80% of the world’s counterfeit goods come from China, "

In addition to diplomatic pressure on China to eliminate this counterfeit industry, e-commerce platforms globally need to be held accountable for the marketing of such illegal products. Frankly. I think both knife makers and knife buyers need to end this myopic view of supporting the Chinese knife industry.
Don't buy anything from Communist China if you can possibly avoid it -- electronics, appliances, clothing or anything else.
China exerts undue influence on USA corporations and govt . at the highest levels , so don't expect any protection there .

China exerts undue influence on USA corporations and govt . at the highest levels , so don't expect any protection there .

That has been true for at least the past decade. But I would say that is changing, slowly but surely, on a global scale as of 2020. On a government, corporate and individual consumer level.

I reported here few times during last year this sinister proceder
vintage Moras - hundreds knives a $100
vintage top line Bucks - dozens knives a $100
Cold Steels, AK-47 bayonets ... etc etc

I think that eBull and AmA$$on are an active part of that scum !!!
So beware.
But looks so many happy buyers buys that fake junk
Or even buyers and their feedbacks are manufactured :^D

That has been true for at least the past decade. But I would say that is changing, slowly but surely, on a global scale as of 2020. On a government, corporate and individual consumer level.
I'd like to believe that .

I'd like to believe that .

Please don't take my word for it. Just read the the international news, economic and political. See how much the world has changed over the last year. I could give lots of examples but don't want to be slapped for a "political" post.

I seen a fake 16x Leupold sniper scope back in the 90's and was a pretty good copy, for one forth the cost of an original. It was not up to Leupold quality though. They have been at it for quite some time, I believe I've even seen a Fake repro Busse or two that had the talon holes from china.

Last edited:
Ebay are really annoying and don't seem to care or punish people for selling fake goods. I once bought a Lansky guided sharpening system on Ebay, I got it to put even bevels on knives after I heat treat them. Opened the box and it was a fake system, I reported it, nothing happened, messaged the seller told him he's selling fake goods, he didn't reply.
I checked months later and he is still selling the exact same fake sharpening systems, with a count of something like 50+ sold marked on his listing.
I don't think Ebay care about selling fakes. I don't buy any branded things on there anymore, I just buy metal stock from registered factory ebay accounts, and brass rods, and similar basic raw materials.

If you can't be certain that the product you seek (for a bargain) on ebay is legitimate, you should probably avail yourself of a known and reputable vendor of the product you seek (if they will ship to your country of residence).

Sometimes, trying to save a buck or two isn't worth the grief.

As to the country of origin...we all know what the situation is in the world we live in...so let's leave the politics out of threads in this sub-forum so we don't have to close yet another for failure to follow the simplest of rules. (Let alone doling out infractions needlessly. Which is no fun for any of us.)

If you can't be certain that the product you seek (for a bargain) on ebay is legitimate, you should probably avail yourself of a known and reputable vendor of the product you seek (if they will ship to your country of residence).

Not possible !
They are faking vintage merchandise, so standard buyer don't have any opportunity to buy from reputable dealer !

They fake even more expensive (even a bit) chinese products (sic)

I recommend to everyone I know not to buy current existing models on ebay and not be tempted by the low price. There are just too many counterfeits sold there that it is simply too risky.
But sometimes one has no choice with discontinued and vintage models. In which case I recommend really really studying and knowing the model being sought. BF is a great source in that respect.

Back