fake cold steel

Can barely tell that they were aiming for a Rajah II lol, that is a bad one.

Table Face is pure handmade ? You only see that on real high dollar knives.

Tostig

Haven't even heard of table face before, not sure what it is.

Though ripping off Cold Steel is just sad lol. Can't get much worse, maybe if you ripped off United Cutlery.

And the fake Benchmades, etc. I've handled them they are sometimes good steel but otherwise crappy. Then the infamous Sebenza knockoffs, on and on.

China has a different understanding of intellectual property than we do, just saying it.

Well, thanks for the warnings. As an admitted CS fan, I know CS fakes are all over the place. Whether some folks like CS knives or not (I was watching this thread just waiting for the typical CS-bashing to start :rolleyes:), they're a well known, successful name, which makes them a huge target.

And no scammer in their right mind is gonna try to make a living off fakes of $500-$1,000 custom knives from some brilliant and talented but obscure (i.e., everybody on various internet knife forums knows, loves, and worships the guy's work, he has a 3 year waiting list, but no one else has ever heard of him) designer at, say, $125 a pop. Think about it; if you know enough to have even heard of a knife like that, you'll know enough to spot a fake a mile away. No, volume cheating by selling to the unknowledgeable is the key.

The important thing here, though, is that someone may pay for a product they wanted to purchase, only to find out that's not what they got. I just HATE ripoff artists. :mad: They're cheating both the customer and a legitimate business.

My personal prejudice, for example, is against Shrade products, but that doesn't amount to a hill of beans on this issue. If somebody likes and wants to buy a Shrade or S&W, then that's what they ought to get when they pay for one with their hard-earned money, not some fake.

This junk on ebay looks to be the approximate equal of a "gas station knife." :eek:

Oh, and the fake Rajah II also looks to be ripping off one of ZT's fixed blade designs. I guess they figured that, you know, while they're stealing from one company and all, they might as well just go ahead . . .

That is very bad. The R2 has full flat ground and the CS triad lock. No holes in the handle apart from the lanyard. I know as I own one. An excellent knife and I use it on a daily basis. Who is this gibbering idiot anyway? Perhaps it is a joke?

Rule #1:
Never buy anything from China.
It is physically and logically impossible not to buy anything from China. Well, maybe a loaf of bread from your local baker, the manufacture of which however will have involved thousands of China-made components.
So will your trip to the baker, the eating of your bread, the clothes you wear, the PC you read these pages on, etc, etc.

It's a global village we live in. Get used to it.

Last edited:
Haven't even heard of table face before, not sure what it is.

Though ripping off Cold Steel is just sad lol. Can't get much worse, maybe if you ripped off United Cutlery.

Ah the Table Face ? You only find that on more costlier knives , I'm surprised to see it on this false Cold Steel , especially since it is pure handmade.

:cool:

Tostig

Ah the Table Face ? You only find that on more costlier knives , I'm surprised to see it on this false Cold Steel , especially since it is pure handmade.

:cool:

Tostig
Yep, Table Faces usually are inlaid with gold and small gems. Only Smith&Wesson knives use the pure handmade ones with platinum. :thumbup:

Yep, Table Faces usually are inlaid with gold and small gems. Only Smith&Wesson knives use the pure handmade ones with platinum. :thumbup:

Hence why they are so sought after :D

Tostig

Last edited:
I would be absolutely frightened to chop using that thing. I do not trust the locking mechanism to be within the right tolerances for a safe lockup.

Back