Fake Marbles Knives

Has anyone here ever heard of counterfeit Marbles knives. I was bidding on a very nice Marbles knife on Ebay and the guy yanked it because someone said it was fake. I've done searches on the internet, here and at knife forums and don't see anything about it at all. The guy who claims its fake won't provide me any proof, so here I am.

Has anyone here ever heard of counterfeit Marbles knives. I was bidding on a very nice Marbles knife on Ebay and the guy yanked it because someone said it was fake. I've done searches on the internet, here and at knife forums and don't see anything about it at all. The guy who claims its fake won't provide me any proof, so here I am.

A lot of the new Marbles knives are made overseas. Maybe that's what he meant by "fake". 99% of folders come from China. Anything with a rubber/plastic handle comes from China. I believe all "damascus" knives come from Pakistan. So those are all "fake", in the sense that Marble's doesn't actually make them. The only US made knives, that are actually made by Marble's are the carbon fixed blades and a very few folders. I'm fairly certain even those aren't made in Gladstone anymore. Tennessee maybe?

Kiahs: Thanks, but no it has all the correct markings and very nice stag handle, beautiful blade, accutally its a great looking knife, he's just claiming its fake. I don't see it and its kind of making me mad. I pulled the pictures off ebay, where can I post them?

Photobucket or a similar site would work. Here's a bunch.

Virtually anything of any value has fakes and counterfeits on the market, especially online. This is especially true of things like designer bags which derive most of their value from the label, not the quality or intrinsic value of a bag or whatever. In cases of collectible knives where the name fetches a higher value the same would hold true.

If you want to post pictures I would recommend doing it in the David Levine knife ID subforum.

Personally, I would take the fact that the SELLER pulled the auction as a sign that something was probably amiss, but you never know.

Here's my fake Marbles
FakeMarbles2.gif

FakeMarbles.gif

Search around the internet for a fellow named Parker ;)

Fake or not, heckova knife for the 40 or 60 bucks I paid for it :D

You can still find a few rubber handled (Safe-Grip) carbon steel 'Made in Gladstone, MI' Fieldcraft, etc, models - the first run was up there (MI UP). The current 'Safe-Grip' models have SS blades and were made in the PRC.

Now, if you like the older Marbles production, check out 'DLTTradingCompany.com' or 'knivesshipfree.com', they both have them. They also have more modern MI UP knifemaker goodies - from ex-Marbles folks - Bark River and Northwoods Knives. All are great folks to deal with - and no 'evil-bay' worries, either - they are real companies... one even headed by a minister!

Also, check out the 'Marbles, Northwoods, etc' sub-forum over at knifeforums, for more info on your possibly fake-Marbles.

Stainz

Thanks guys, I sent pictures to Bernard last night and he says its fake, but he didn't know where it came from, he also thought it was a very nice knife. I wish I could buy it for 60 bucks. Thanks again.

Back