Fake???RMK for sale

Today I received the attached unsolicited email. I thought I would give everyone a heads up.

Rod

Subject:
Question from eBay Member
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:53:39 PST
Wrom:
shortsd@gala.net
To:
rdbrown@netvigator.com

To member: kiatak
>From member: shortsdgala

--------------------

Hi. I sell a knife. 11 3/4 " o.a.l., 5 3/4 " stainless blade marked RANDALL MADE SOLINGEN S,
other side of blade has II etched (the etched II is 2 straight lines without the top and bottom
as made on my keyboard) which I have no idea of the meaning maybe Captain or? Double brass
guard 2 1/2 " X 7/8 " X 1/8 " with a hole on each end, 5 " hollow handle with black crutch tip,
tang extends 1 7/8 " into the handle, the handle is cord wrapped and I think it is pinched near
the guard pretty hard to tell without ruining the wrap. Blade is a little loose at the guard.
Brown leather rivited split back sheath marked RANDALL MADE KNIVES ORLANDO, FLA., the keeper
strap is gone, gray stone. I sell it(him) at the price of 130 $ + 17 $ shepping. Excuse for bad
English, I use by the interpreter on the computer. If you will interest my the offer, I shall
send you photos. Sincerely yours, Pavel.

--------------------
This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding system.
If you reply to the email, your response will go directly to the member and
not through eBay.

eBay does not tolerate spam (i.e., unsolicited commercial email) and is
taking steps to protect members from this abuse. In addition, solicitations
to buy or sell items outside of eBay violate eBay rules and are not covered
by services that protect members such as feedback, insurance, escrow, and
dispute resolution. If this is an offer to buy/sell items outside of eBay,
please do not participate. Enter the following link into your browser to learn more. Link:
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/email_info.html

Hey Kaitak,

this is exactly the same offer I received a few weeks ago. See my post on the crutch tip scam and the replies. This just verifies the old adage about something being too good to be true.

Buyer beware!
JC

Back