Fall is snarking at your door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5904-X4.jpg
That book on the top right...Ping and Odcraft is one of my all time favorites!

Went antiquing today, and had my eye out for anything Horace Kephart related, especially a 1906 edition Camping and Woodcraft. No luck, but man there sure was a ton of old Boy Scout manuals.

Something bothered me while antiquing today. Have noticed it many times over the years. Old tools are something I love to look at, especially old axes/hatchets. Why do people think they're doing a service by sharpening them before selling? They usually do a horrid job. I should have taken some photos. They give it a crap sharpening job, then spray clear coat paint all over it. I would rather have the old edge.

Something bothered me while antiquing today. Have noticed it many times over the years. Old tools are something I love to look at, especially old axes/hatchets. Why do people think they're doing a service by sharpening them before selling? They usually do a horrid job. I should have taken some photos. They give it a crap sharpening job, then spray clear coat paint all over it. I would rather have the old edge.
I hear that. Come across so many old axes which would’ve been interesting except they’ve hit it with an angle grinder and sprayed it with some fire engine red. Looks way worse than a bit of rust ever would.

Public service announcement:

Looking to get rid of a 5 and a 15. Need some Christmas money. Both like new. No boxes. Send me a private message and I can get you pictures tonight. Just wanted to let the ‘heads here know before I put them up on the exchange. *****They are gone!*****

Now back to your regularly scheduled snarking!

Last edited:
What it be like Cbear?
DUBZ!!! I missed your mug, figured I'd pop my head in and see what's going on around these parts. Joe has been keeping me up to speed but I figured I'd see what was going on with the rest of y'all hooligans.
C-Bear sighting!!!
Squach must be around here somewhere too!
Pffft Squach can't handle the pressure these days. He has taken to reclusiveness in the plains of Arizona.

Honest answer, my depression has been kicking my ass the last year or so and I have fallen out of all of my forum usage. When I'm not at work I'm in bed and isolating myself and I'm trying to break that which is why I popped by today.
Good to see you back ‘round these parts CBear. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hopefully you can get it turned around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back