Fallkniven

JH225

Gold Member
Has anyone owned/own a Fallkniven knife?

I am particulary interested in the F-1 and the S-1.

How do they perform and what is the overall quality?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

------------------
C.O.'s-"It takes balls to work behind the walls "

Got a F-1. The quality is absolutely tremendous. It's as sharp as they come, and happens to be the BEST small fixed blade knife I've ever owned. Very tough, and well worth the money. Get one, and you'll be glad you did.

Jeff Randall will be using one on his next expedition to the Amazon, next month. He will write up a review of it's performance after that trip.

[This message has been edited by Hansen (edited 24 September 1999).]

Thanks guy's.

Very informative reviews also Cliff, nicely done as always.

------------------
C.O.'s-"It takes balls to work behind the walls "

I recently acquired an F-1 through a trade. I haven't really gotten a chance to put it through it's paces yet. What I can tell you is:

1) This is a stout piece -- 3/16" thick!

2) The sheath is probably the best production leather sheath I have seen. Not sure I care for the flap all that much, but the quality is excellent. Looks like the old Army 1911 holsters.

Will post more after I have put it through it's paces.

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

Specialization is for insects.

I have the A-1, F-1, S-1, and the WO-man (just love sets).
smile.gif

very impressed with the fit and finish, edges, and weight. This series should provide options for almost any conceivable requirement.
Recommend Chai Cutlery as your source. Call Jim and he'll be glad to discuss the finer points with you.

[This message has been edited by Jumbi (edited 24 September 1999).]

I have an A-!, S-1, and 2 F-1's. they are well thought out designs that are well executed. My personal favorite is the A-1. It replaced my Cold Steel SRK in my "go kit"

Back