Fancy Friday....for when those casual days need a little more flash!

29407599275_ca315182fe_c.jpg

Some stunning knives here! I normally carry a less dressy knife with casual clothing, but I will change that next Friday so I can play too:)

Nothing too fancy today. My only fancy knife was the XL Gunstock from J. Oeser, which I sold in a moment of weakness when closing on my house.

Friday is the only day I don't wear a suit to work. Of course, I bring one anyway in case I'm needed in court.

I'm wearing cargo shorts, Keen slip on shoes, a Carhartt t shirt and rocking my Case Damascus peanut. A Maratac AAA copper light with the tritium inserts, and I'll be radioactive in 500 years.

But it does make me think of my coworker. My buddy has what he calls dress down Friday. He comes in with everything but a three piece suit. Rest of the week is a polo or t shirt and jeans. I don't think he carries a knife. Hell, I don't carry any at work.

But I do like a good knife when rocking a suit. Wedding, funeral, whatever. I had a really nice Benchmade AO with buffalo horn scales, I forget the model, but that was my first "dress carry" knife.

I need to get in to work on a Friday at 6am wearing a suit. I know quite a few people will put in leave slips and go home, thinking the End was imminent...

Great thread idea. I'll be stepping out with a new Menefee Western Trapper in Blackwood tonight. Feels really elegant in hand.

image_zpsnwswyqco.jpeg

And here's a recycled pic of my other favorite "fancy" carry. NYKCo Dogleg Jack in smooth bone along with my Grandpa's old Elgin pocketwatch.

image_zpsc8tdsfez.jpeg

is that silver? :eek:

Back