Fantastic Dog Lovers Story...Long! (But Well Worth the Read)

View attachment 825738 View attachment 825697 View attachment 825699 View attachment 825700 View attachment 825727 View attachment 825729 View attachment 825730 Hello All,

Happy New Year!!

Sorry for my 3 month hiatus but seems I found the Love of my life, Kristen the most special lady I have ever met, and the Loss of my life, Edison my canine pal all about the same time. And Still life is better than ever…

For those who have noticed my avatar has changed… Some 3 years ago when I signed up with BF’s we are required to select a username… “TinyDog” it was after the best love I have ever known, Edison my Maltipoo canine. He is shown here in the first picture in his Clemson Garb which was my avatar all these years. He was only 6lbs but showed me 600lbs of love over his almost 13 years. Eddie was proud and happy boy in this photo December 4th, a Monday last month of my two boys. He is on the far left in the Red Christmas outfit. In the same week Sat 12/9 he was unexpectedly gone in the early hours Saturday morning. His body lay in the exact position as he slept under the covers with me for the nearly 13 years, but his soul had moved on.

With the Christmas season, December can be a busy time for all of us as it was for me. Parties, get togethers , vacations… There was not much time to think about my boy which may have been a blessing? On December 30th awaiting company for a nice fire and dinner at my place out of the blue I decided to go online and look at Maltipoo puppies. This was not a mission to purchase another at this time… it was just to look. As we all know any search will bring up a bazillion links to choose from. I selected one, not the first site in the string of choices. Selected a Male like Eddie was……. And this was the first puppy selected and the last…… Along with the pictures of this (4) week old boy he was born on the day Edison passed, Sat 12/9 This boy now named “Punkin” or “PunkinPoo” was one of Eddie’s prominent nicknames. Who says Fate does not exist…. Edison lives on.

My last dog was Brandy who passed some 23 years ago. At that time I said to myself I would carry her Canine ID on my keychain in remembrance of her. Well low and behold I found out the same company who made her tag some (40) years ago today still existed 10 years ago and still going strong. Edison’s tag has now been added and although sad, a great feeling for me as his soul will never diminsh. I still have Madison who was Eddies sister who is (10) years old, the Girl on the far right of the photo and now blessed with the new Boy of the family, “Punkin”

Still have not met this boy but a truly magical gift…. Dog Lovers are a special breed in themselves….

Seems that there is always something positive to just about any of Lifes hurdles..

TinyDog Lives On...
1-IMG_6377.JPG

20171204_165135.jpg

20180103_180637-1.jpg

20171209_031216.jpg

1-20180106_124233.jpg

20180106_124242.jpg

Attachments

• 20180106_124242.jpg
    20180106_124242.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your buddy passing, but happy to hear another pooch found a home with you!

Thank you Insipid Moniker,

Just another of life’s curve balls. It is up to us to move move forward is a positive direction, difficult but doable. Thanks for your thoughts... TinyDog

TinyDog TinyDog

Sorry for your loss. We know going into being a responsible owner, there is a good chance we will lose. Some of us do it over and over again.

Since this is your thread and your pics- I would strongly advise that you pull the pictures down with your personal information. At the very least, black out the details.

A) As a dog lover, I totally get it. The saddest I have ever been in my entire life was the night that "Booger" died in 2010. 7 yrs later, it still hurts my heart and every look at either of my two current dogs and see the grey around their faces, it hurts because I know what that means, except this time I have a 3 year old who is going to be crushed when that day arrives.

B) It's very touching to have the dogs tags on your keychain, but in case it hasn't occurred to you, by posting them, you're putting your name, phone number and address on a public access website. If you're ok with that, so be it. I would not be, but I'm also mostly a crazy person so don't take anything I say as though I just came down from the mountain with it...

Just remember:
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Sorry to hear of your loss TinyDog. Just remember, you enriched his life as much as he enriched yours.

I'm glad to hear your found a special lady and a new four legged friend.

All the best to you and your new family.

Thanks Guys for reminding me that unfortunately there are the devil in the details... Much appreciated!

One look into Edison's dear heart face tells me what a huge loss his passing must be to you. I believe the right pup always finds you ... and Punkin found you at just the right time, and little though he may be, you know his heart will melt your own. You are in good paws. And so is Edison.

Thanks Guys for your thoughts! Been around dogs for some time and to loose one is never easy...... But then the unconditional love they offer will always have me with one by my side .... TD

Glad to hear things are improving, I've been talkin' with the Mrs about gettin' a rescue to fill the gap from our Terri-Poo that passed last year. I'm lookin' forward to hhearin' a dog bark when I get home. Tail waggin', all happy to see me like there was nobody more important than me. We have four cats at home but they're not dogs. Love 'em both.

Good luck on both your new loves.

Thanks Guys for your thoughts! Been around dogs for some time and to loose one is never easy...... But then the unconditional love they offer will always have me with one by my side .... TD

By far the worst part of being a dog owner. You go into it knowing that one day they will break your heart.

I'm 60+ and still have a hard time watching my friends go thru life so fast. So I make it a contest, show each one love and show them everything in this world I can, and each one has managed to outdo me, showed me a love and a world I wouldn't have seen without them.
Sorry for your loss TinyDog TinyDog happier for your gain , I think your dog won the "dog lottery "

Back