1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ - Want to know more about "Stupid Sharp Knives"? Look here!

Discussion in 'Ban Tang's "Stupid Sharp Knives"' started by HikingMano, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    This FAQ should help folks looking to learn a little more about "Stupid Sharp Knives". Information presented here will be updated as necessary.

• What do YOU use your knives for?
    • What is a "Stupid Sharp" knife and how is one made?
    • Fine, so that’s how you make a Stupid Sharp knife. But WHY is it Stupid Sharp?
    • What steels do you like to work with and use? Why?
    • General Heat Treat info?
    • Why do you like putting chisel grinds on your knives?
    • Titanium knives with carbidized edge: What are they, why are you making them, and how are they made?
    • What are your preferred handle materials, and what design considerations go into your handles?
    • What are my sheathing options?
    • How do you sharpen a Stupid Sharp knife? How do I maintain my steel or carbidized Ti BT knives?
    • What are your standard models and pricing info for each?
    • Do you have a gallery where I can see examples of your work?
    • Do you have a website? What’s the best way to contact you?
    • What’s your current lead-time?
    • Do you think you might ever start doing small batch orders? If so, when and where should we look for a signup list?
    • Are you really not doing Busse mods anymore? Whom do you recommend I contact for mod work?

• What do YOU use your knives for?

• What is a "Stupid Sharp" knife and how is one made?

• Fine, so that’s how you make a Stupid Sharp knife. But WHY is it Stupid Sharp?

• What steels do you like to work with and use? Why?

• General Heat Treat info?

• Why do you like putting chisel grinds on your knives?

• Titanium knives with carbidized edge: What are they, why are you making them, and how are they made?

continued in next post.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    • What are your preferred handle materials, and what design considerations go into your handles?

• What are my sheathing options?

• How do you sharpen a Stupid Sharp knife? How do I maintain my steel or carbidized Ti BT knives?

• What are your standard models and pricing info for each?

• Do you have a gallery where I can see examples of your work?

• Do you have a website? What’s the best way to contact you?

• What’s your current lead-time?

• Do you think you might ever start doing small batch orders? If so, when and where should we look for a signup list?

• Are you really not doing Busse mods anymore? Whom do you recommend I contact for mod work?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.