Recommendation? Fast left hand OHO?

Just wondering if there's anything in a one hand open folder that works well for us south paws, with a liner or frame lock (for left hand users) for under $100? I think it might be a tall order, but I'm open to other suggestions I have a SAK Trekker, but let's talk about slooooow. I wouldn't mind something that opens/closes more quickly, I'm not expecting to have to rely on a folder for defense, I'm just not the most patient. I know about the Buck Marksman, but there are few local places I could check it out, and the lock mechanism certainly doesn't look one handed. Thanks for any thoughts.

There's a lefty PM2... What more could you want?

(Missed the "under $100" part... Shouldn't be too much more, though)

i'm carrying a lefty paramilitary 2 most commonly right now. the compression lock is great reversed. runs pretty consistent at 120-130 new. as mentioned, benchmades axis locks are a good 100% ambidextrous lock, you can find a couple models at 100.

I actually have a Griptilian, and I do like it. However, I am really hankering for something with a frame or liner lock. I'd really like to get my hands on the DPX Gear Hest in the left hand. I know it's a little above budget, but when the shoe fits. I just can't seem to find it in stock any where. Thanks for the tip though.

The paramilitary 2 in lefty does look good, and I really like spyderco, I also don't have anything with a compression lock. Another one gets added to the list of things to get...

Just wondering if there's anything in a one hand open folder that works well for us south paws, with a liner or frame lock (for left hand users) for under $100? I think it might be a tall order, but I'm open to other suggestions I have a SAK Trekker, but let's talk about slooooow. I wouldn't mind something that opens/closes more quickly, I'm not expecting to have to rely on a folder for defense, I'm just not the most patient. I know about the Buck Marksman, but there are few local places I could check it out, and the lock mechanism certainly doesn't look one handed. Thanks for any thoughts.

The fastest one hand opening folder for lefties around 100$ is a Spyderco Waved Endura. No knife on the market opens faster than a wave knife.

If the waved endura is too big they have a waves delica aswell.

i have a lefty kizer gemini flipper frame lock. they're kinda hard to find and more like 150-175 on the secondary market. chris reeves frame locks come in left handed configurations. 375 is the lowest you'll find new. massdrop has a lefty frame lock option drop going right now. i think it's like 200 though and a....gavko lookin thing. can always get a custom somewhere. not a lot of good budget options for the frame locks....despite my best efforts to be annoying about it.

righty liner lock with clip on the left is how i ordered my first custom recently. they're so easy to operate. that's your best bet to stay cheap other than benchmade or spyderco, a righty liner lock with reversible clip holes drilled

Lockbacks are universally lefty friendly, so If you can't find something with a frame or linerlock thats a good way to go.

Also Emerson makes a lefty version of the CQC-7 and Commander. I think only available through the Emerson webstore when in stock. Although neither is in the $100 range.
Kizer is re-releasing the lefty Gemini in a few weeks. At around $170 (price on the original release last year) It's the only production frame/linerlock I can think of that comes in under $200.

I tend to carry my folders in my left pocket but with the clip on the side that would normally be used by a righty. This means on a tip up knife the spine is against the seam of my pocket closer to my zipper rather than the outside seam closer to the hip.

Also I have never had any trouble operating any “righty” frame or liner lock with my left hand.

i can pull a heavy frame lock with my thumb, i almost exclusively push underneath with my index and find a heavy bar +ball difficult to push past the tang consistently. that's just why i avoid RH frame locks. that and the often neglected lock (show) side appearance i guess. They're certainly operable though

i like that carry idea too, thanks. might try that with a RH only clip

See here I am carrying my right hand tip up only Inkosi in my left pocket.

CMdRWg8.jpg

For me, it's not about having the ability to use a righty lock with my left hand. I can with ease.
It's always been more about comfort. It just doesn't feel right to me.
Also, if I have to fork over hundreds of dollars I don't want to feel like I was an afterthought to the manufacturer. That is why I primarily buy custom now. I figure for the cost of 3 or 4 ZT's, or Spydies, I can have a high quality knife made specifically for me.
I still keep an eye out for the lefty productions. You better believe I will be one of the first to buy the Kizer LH Gemini re-release when it drops. It's just really slim pickins'.

Back