Favorite bushcraft blades

Im partial to my M2K and BK11. I have a BK2 as well and it is more akin to a hatchet...ill take all 3 with me into the field plus my '79 case trapper. Is that overkill? Probably..but hey...I love that quartet!

I like my muskratman bushcrafter and my Bark River fox river, but I have been using my modded cold steel bushman quite a bit lately. (great knife for 25 bucks.)

Well, it is a hard choice. It depends, really. It is probably a RC 3 or RC 4. I have used others just as much, though. I just tend to fall back on those if I need a blade I know won't fail me.

My bushcraft knife is the breeden pathfinder!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

:D:D

Attachments

• IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 846
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 843
Hi all, My Favorite bushcraft/ survival / outdoorsy knife, is a knife/s called the Warthorn / 1-0 ( the handles are just a little different) I go back and forth on them. I have several with 5.5" to 6" blade lengths and then a couple with 10" blade lengths and one with a 12" blade.

From making spears like this one with my 12" Warthorn. In this pic I am getting the shape of it for putting the 2 peaces together.
101_2002.jpg

In this pic I am using the smaller 6" version Warthorn for a whittling tent stake.

101_1941.jpg

I love using these designs for food prep. In this pic I had cut open coconut.

101_1903.jpg

Here is a Piute dead fall trap I made using my 6" Warthorn.

101_1899.jpg

The Tappers widget dead fall trap.

101_1877.jpg

Both of these 6" Warthorns were for shaving up fuzzsticks for a fire I was going to start.

101_1934.jpg

A fish trap I was working on.

IMG_0066.jpg

I used a Green handled 1-0 with a 10" blade to make my camp chair as seen in this pic.

IMG_0136.jpg

More food prep. I did not get any mayo on my handle reaching deep down into the jar lol.

IMG_0148.jpg

This pic is of the 2 One Zeros with there 10" blades.

IMG_0277-1.jpg

What makes this the best knife design that I have ever used for bushcraft projects is the slanted guard. I can use my thumb by placing it on upper guard for more control of the cuts that I do in making up some bushcraft
crafts lol that I have made up so far OR when using the 5 different grips
( forehand grip, backhand grip, chest-lever, the 2 reinfored grips 1 and 2)
that Ray Mears uses and by wrapping my pointer finger around the top or bottom guard depending on the grip and which cut I am doing. I have the Most Control over this design that I have never had when using knives without the slanted guard.

This is why I have been making and replacing all the other knives that I have made for my survival kits and BOBs that I have made up and keep stashed here and there.

For me this this has been the best knife design that I have ever used.

Now that harvest ( I live on a farm) is getting close to being done and the tree cutting that Kathy and I do through out the spring, summer, and fall is getting closer to ending. I will be doing more bushcraft projects with this design.

Bryan

A lot of really nice knives in this thread. They're more than I can afford though. Still, I'm happy with my BK-2, Silky saw and a little Buck slippie in my pocket. They do all I need to do (so far).

i love usein my more 510 on of my favorite bush blades
bladeblank003.jpg

another one of my favorites s the dp forger
forager002.jpg

forager007.jpg

forager011.jpg

forager012.jpg

forager016.jpg

My favorite bushcraft blade is my Bear MGC drop point with stag handle.

My favorite REAL bushcraft blade is going to be my Jeff Crowner Rupa Rupa.

But I gotta wait for that because he just heat treated it today.

i love usein my more 510 on of my favorite bush blades
bladeblank003.jpg

+1 on the Mora 510. That's probably all the knife anyone really "needs" 95% of the time. :thumbup: Moras give me headaches. The 510 is an amazing knife- a marvel of simplicity and elegant design. And it costs $10. But, but, but- I want to spend lots of money on knives!

No need to fret on that score, lads! There are plenty of other knives out there that can do the same job as the Mora 510, for lots more money! I like my Busse OJ Game Warden and my BRKT Bravo 1 especially for farting around outdoors in an impressively expensive manner. I killed a whole slew of kudzu over the weekend with my Game Warden, an identical version of which recently sold for $350 on the exchange. I think the Mora might have actually done a better job, but who wants to tote around 35 Moras? :D

I am not skilled enough to call myself a "bushcrafter". This is my favorite "woodsbummer" :)

100_1099.jpg

Makes fire...with my LMF Scout..

100_1155.jpg

Splits wood..

100_0936.jpg

100_0931.jpg

Makes notches for traps..

100_0947.jpg

100_0950.jpg

And can make spoon-like objects :eek: (I need more practice, it's not the knife's fault)

100_1065.jpg

A big plus for me is that it is my EDC knife. So if I truly need to survive this will be a knife I have on me. Small enough not to be left at home but performs well.

Ohh... almost forgot ...The knife is a JK Anniversary EDC.

One more...not a survival skill but if my life depends on whittling a human hair..well

100_1187.jpg

Makes good fuzz sticks too.

i really like this look of this. what are the specs?

great stuff guys...:thumbup: i love these threads...:D

here's a few of my favorite's...:)

Charlieridge drop point bushcrafter..
IMG_4792.jpg

CKE nessmuk..
IMG_5849.jpg

RAT cutlery RC-4 and Izula...
IMG_5530.jpg

Laconico kephart, brand new.. Ray had just handed it to me...
IMG_5275-1.jpg

and my old trusy camp knife.. an ML backwoods butcher...
IMG_4709.jpg

ooops... forgot to add a pic of my NWA WSS forum knife..
IMG_3898.jpg

cheers.. mike

Last edited:
Another vote for ML...Nessmuk and Kephart

DSCN2597.jpg

DSCN2599.jpg

DSCN2602.jpg

DSCN2604.jpg

DSCN2600.jpg

DSCN2605.jpg

Also really like my BHK Bushcrafter and Bushbaby combo.
Doc

Dannyboy, who made that scandi of yours?

Mr breeden, my old trusted bushcraft blade was my old Kelly knife of yours. I really miss that blade. I need to order something new from you, expect an e mail in a couple weeks my friend.

Well, i got the NWA knife I have been wanting. I had to give up one of my Laconico HWK's for it, but since I had two it wont be to bad. I got the Sierra Scout coming, should have it in a week or so. I think for my one nice scandi i decided on one from Brian Andrews, his work looks top notch. I want many other, but the wife has my ba!!s in her purse at the moment.

I also have a RAT RC6 and Izula. The Izula is more like a back up PSK type knife for me. The RAT RC6 should have been moved in my top 5 though. As much as I like my customs and high end Busse knives and such, I seem to always go back to beating on that blade.

i really like this look of this. what are the specs?

3" scale to tip, 6 1/2" OAL , 1/8" thick O1. Convex edge. The spine serations and black liners are extras.

Since it is handmade John can adjust it to whatever you want.:thumbup:

Back