Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Custom Knife show

• Las Vegas Classic

• Arkansas Custom Knife show

• Total voters
What is your favorite show for custom knives??

Why???

edit: I know there are some I left off (Bladeshow West, Art knife etc), not enough room....

I guess I am prejudice here is why.

The Blade show is 15 min from my house.

It is the largest knife show in the world and contains the most diversity as far as types of knives.

It is closely tied to the A.B.S (J.S. and M.S. judging and awards as well as the A.B.S. get together which is more than worth attending even without the show.).

It was the first knife show that I attended (Knoxville at the time.)

The guy that started it, Bruce Voyles, is from my home town (Chattanooga, TN.). Note that Bruce is no longer associated with it directly, but does organize the Spirit of Steel Show.

It was the first major knife show that I set up as a dealer.

It served as my first introduction to Custom knives.

It is my favorite weekend of the year.

... and the most important reason is that I can see more genuine friends here in one long weekend than I can at any other venue.

I just wish I could get to one of these shows let alone all of them so that I can make this judgement. I am hoping to get to Atlanta or Oregon this year.

Keith,I couldn't agree more.It would be great to be able to go to half of those shows.I voted for the Guild Show mostly because its the only one up there I've been to.But only as a spectator as I am not a member yet.For me,the best is the FKA show.Dave:D

I've only been to 3 different shows. The first was the Solvang Show. I think it was only the second or third, still in it's infancy, but nonetheless a great show. A little small, but with most of THE big names. Kudos to Dave Harvey!

The second was the BAKCA show in....where was it? Palo Alto? That was pretty good show. I met Phill Hartsfield and a number of other makers there.

Then I went to my first Oregon Show. When I walked in, all I could manage to stammer was HOLY ****!! It was, and continues to be, absolutely huge! At the end of the day, my eyes were pleasantly bloodshot from looking at so many knives! Lunch time is cool, as everyone just shares tables in the foyer. Famous maker just walk up and sit down with you and have lunch and chat. It's awesome. :cool:

I've only been to 2 custom shows, so far: BAKCA and SECKS. I was too much a novice (and yet to buy my first >$200 knife) when I went to the BAKCA show in 2000 to really let go and buy what I wanted. SECKS was awesome this last September, so it gets my vote -- can't wait to go again this year.

Hoping to put enough bucks together to make it to the Blade show, as well.

I had my sights set on the vegas show this year, but it did not work out. Actually it's a blessing. Now I can plan for Atlanta and actually be a little ahead in the way of "savings" as I had put a ;ittle away for vegas that will now be spent in Atlanta. My only fear is One-itis.
Wnating to buy at least one of EVERYTHING and being unhappy unless I do!!!.............wolf

NY Custom Knife Show does it for me. Hey! It's geography.:D Would love to get to the Blade Show at some point.

Have only been to one show and that was the Vegas Classic. It was a great show!! Man all them nice knves AND the Vegas nightlife, what more could you ask? But if you go you might not get much sleep ;-) I was there for 3 1/2 days and got about 3 hours sleep :eek: That is what my eyes looked like by the time I returned home. Worth the trip IMHO!

Back