Favorite for daily carry

It was a fully serrated CRKT Mirage (serrations were a big disappointment.) That is until I saw (and bought) a fully serrated Delica. Scarry sharp and a pleasure to use. Being new to the knife scene I think I'm hooked on Spyderco. Can't wait till fathers day so I can expand my collection!

Aluminum handled full serrated Worker is one carried frequently. Also like and carry the Herbst model.

Just oh so many choices and oh so few pockets...

My carry knife is changing daily, I carry EDI
Genesis-I today. What I carry relatively long (2 years) was Spyderco C15 Terzuola with
alminium handle and serial number.

I weighed in on an earlier post but can't resist adding that since I've acquired a Military, it has been a daily companion, joining the Mini-Dyad as one of the few I'll never be without. It is about the best all around folder I have.

I've got to admit it. I'm schizoid. One day it's my Delica98, the next it's my BM Mini-AFCK in M2. Two great daily knives. What a choice. Isn't knife knutdom wonderful!?!
Chris

I like to rotate my Endura, BM Leopard, AFCK, Calypso Jr., a full serrated buck crosslock, and a CS ultralock, clipped in the right hand pocket with a Case Copperlock in its leather sheath above my wallet.
Mick

I usually carry a Zetel Mel Pardue (Plain Edge) BM in my boot, a Cold Steel Desperado in my inside the coat pocket (In Iowa you can carry 5" or shorter but no daggers ,stilletos or autos otherwise it would be a push dagger) & i rotate between my Spydie Rengade, Mitiary, or my Applegate Covert Gerber in my RF pocket.

I must say the mititary is the best folder i've ever used with gloves

Left front pocket holds SAK executive that I've had for about 12yrs, SAK chisel edge warnecliff design, single blade and AMK from his big survival knife handle, Right front pocket holds another SAK chisel edge sheeps foot design, clipped is a Calypso large with VG10 plain edge, moving to the belt on my right side I have knives that make cameo appearances depending on my mood in the morning, usally it's a Wood/Irie with stag handles or a Sebenza, or the SAK tool, continuing to the right hip pocket rides a SAK cowboy locking blade, for food and stuff, my left hip pocket doesn't get a knife, not sure why. My jacket inside also has a cameo spot for Boye basic3, the outside pocket holds two more SAK models the mechanic and the deluxe tinker.
If I ever fell in a river I'd never make it out. I recently picked up the Onion random task knife from K. had to knock down the edges around the handle and especially the thumb stud, it was shaving skin off my thumb! I sometimes swap the Calypso with it, but the one I grab for automatically is the Calypso.

(remember we have the right to bare arms)

my .02

One of my 2 Sebezas is all the time in my pocked if I go to bar replese with Bm AFCK and in my car MD PATAK
Slaw

In my line of work (weapon system design, development, engineering, testing, field trials, STAFF MEETINGS, MANAGER SESSIONS) I need a robust knife that can take anything I throw at it. I have found the Endura (mine is now over 8 years old, blade G-2 stainless) to respond exceptionally to the task at hand. I never have to worry about abuse (no fancy signatures that can be harmed, etc. ;-} ). The Endura was truly designed to be an all-purpose folder, which I will recommend any day!

Keep 'em sharp ( it takes little enough effort! ;-} )

Heyns van der Merwe
South Africa
heynsv@liw.denel.co.za

As a manager, what I wear for the day chooses what I carry to some extent. I ALWAYS have a knife with me of some kind.

Anyway, what are my daily carrys?

Usually a Spyderco. Monday through Friday, if I am visiting a customer or expecting a customer visit, Dockers are the order of the day. A Sypderco Dragonfly, either the older one I have with plastic (Zytel?) handle and serrated blade or the new one with stainless handle and plain edge.

If no customer visits are expected, "decent" jeans are worn. This gives me a little more latitude in which knife to carry. Those days I rotate between a Spydie Calypso Jr. (stainless handle, serrated blade), a Cold Steel medium Voyager with tanto plain edge blade or my latest, a Spydie Native.

If I'm outdoors working at my parent's farm, or on my motorcycle, I may have the Endura plain edge in an aftermarket sheath, but probably one of the three listed above clipped to a pocket.

Recently acquired a Keshaw Ken Onion Mini-Task, but the girlfriend decided the fast opening action worked better for her than thumb studs or holes, so I can probably kiss that one goodbye. (She would really like an automatic, but since I live in MI and she lives in IN, that probably isn't too great an idea.)

I rotate my knives, but the knife I carry the most is the Wegner plainedge. I just got a m-2 AFCK that I have been carrying lately. I dont feel too guilty because it does have a Spydie hole.

------------------
Dennis Bible

This is getting to be one long thread. Forgive me if I have already posted this, but my daily carry is Michael Walker Lightweight always RF pocket, Wegner Jr. LF pocket and large Plain Sebenza IWB. Sometimes depending on the occasion the wegner will get a rest in favor of the Viele.
Eric

I carry a mini AFCK with the BT2 coating on the fully serated ATS-34 blade. I also always have a Leatherman supertool as well as a Spyderco Ladybug for letter opening. I'd be more than happy to trade to a Military with a black blade and pocket clip. I also would like to see the Military offered in a left handed version for carry opposite my HK .45.

------------------
Riley
Do it right,or not at all.

This is a tough question for me since carry both the Calypso Jr PLAIN edge(micarta and LTWT), and a G-10 Harpy!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing that Harpy story with us Will!
smile.gif
My G-10 Harpy is out on repair and I miss it .
frown.gif
The Matriarch, or mini Dyad have seen more action, but the Harpy fits so well in the small of my back that I feel NAKIE (as my toddler says) without it.

Gotta have the HOLE, and teeth aren't bad either.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

Right now, a Pegasus, my newest Spydie.Other times,a Horn, Native or Walker (all lightweight)are with me. Military or endura as mood or circumstances dictate.

------------------
AKTI Member #A000934
"Always just one knife short of perfection!"

Syderco Michael Walker custom with carbon fiber handle - lightweight and sharp! I use it as a money clip. Even though it has a serial number and is a relatively valuable knife, I would feel naked without it.

For me it's my blue handled Native if I'm away from my desk climbing ladders and stripping wires all day. Otherwise it's my Howard Viele.

Hi everyone. This is my first post on this forum!!!

Why would I carry only one knife when I can carry all of these:

For work, BM mini-AFCK, SAK Manager. With 2nd gen (2 screw, polished liner lock) Military Plainedge (or the full-size AFCK) on my waistband and a G-10 Police (spyderedge) in one of the flaps on my bag.

At dressier functions (work is informal), Mini Dyad, SAK Manager, Military.

Just bought a 50/50 Starmate (after reading such favorable reviews on this site), Calypso Lightweight, Rescue Jr. (for boating and the car), and a SAK Cyber34, so I'll have to re-think my carries.

------------------
...I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Back