Favorite Khukuri

Hi All,
I've been attacking my garden again with a couple of khuks, an original ww2 khuk, and the AK 15".
I used the ww2 first, trying to hack some jimson weed root up (about 3/4" thick). Despite the keen edge it took 10 or 11 hacks at an angle to get through it. After sweating for a few mins I ran indoors and grabbed my HI AK. On the same roots it took about 2 or even one hack to do the same job.
Now, although the AK weighs a bit more, I've come to the conclusion that it just does the job too well to bother with my lighter khuk anymore. For delicate cutting I can move my hand further up the handle, even as far as the Cho. And for the heavier stuff it just rips through it.
Given the extra weight of carrying two, or even three, knives on a camping trip, or two knives plus an axe, from now on I will carry one knife, the AK. I reckon practice with delicate jobs and food prep with the AK will let me use it for every purpose.
I love that knife :p

Jeff.

Has to be the one that I whisked away from under Tsimi's nose from the Cave...:D

Actually, it is the Bhudhuni Villager I have that I always seem to come back to...:)

Personally, I like my 16.5" Bura Chiruwa. It has finger grooves and just feels best to me. That's not to say I don't like the rest of my K's, just this one a little more. :p

Back