Favorite knife reviewer on youtube?

Just an FYI... Are you aware that Nutn spent an entire career in the military? Recently retired as a Lt. Col. from the Air Force? Flew fighters and tankers? He's served his country with distinction. Ease up a bit there my friend. (and I agree, his videos have gotten too long)
I'm not trying to stir the pot or trying to take anything away from nutn, I like his channel, BUT, there are people in/out of the military that have no clue about the stuff on his channel. I have a good friend who retired lt. Col from us navy this past year, had NEVER been on a boat in his life. Never been out of an office. He works for mickeysoft on the xbox team now. So just because someone says retired or ex military does not(in my opinion) automagically make them an expert in survival/tactical situations or equipment..
There are many jobs in the many services. This post was not meant to discredit ANYONE that is or has served, the greatest respect to you all. Kind of like some guy saying he retired from IBM, and people expect that person is a computer ninja. Sorry to say, it does not. It all depends on what their job was. Not expectation of what people think it was. no offense meant, I just see it all too often. I'm sure some of you all have met people who misrespresent themselves to a certain degree. This post is not directed at any one person. Just wanted to throw it out there for some to think about. I am no survival/tactical anything and do not claim to be.

CrawlingRoad - tests the knife in context. Out on the trail together with other equipment. Comments on the knives performance in different environmental conditions. Pragmatic, honest and straightforward. His other reviews are are also good. Check out the one on the Hilleberg Soulo.

I also like the mentioned virtuovice who also gets out a lot. The only deskreviewer I give any attention is MrDagon.

Wow everybody on this thread says that nutnfancy rambles to much. Lol I enjoy listening to people ramble especially on knives! I like watching x4cto because he is hilarious. He doesn't just do "reviews" , he does ramblings ...

I appreciate all who take the time and effort required to present a review. But I have to go with Nutnfancy, he is informative, entertaining, and consistent.

Favorites:

Dan with Bladereviews.com, wwwknivestowncom, pyaoliang, and Jdavis882.

Down to Earth people, critical reviews with good production values, and knowledgeable sources.

I've never understood the Nutnfancy craze, personally. His reviews often contain suspect opinions (i.e. - poor understanding of steels, edge geometry, market value, and knife materials) and include excessive rambling about his personal philosophy and ego. His initial reviews showed promise, but as time went on, he developed an enormous ego, stopped learning more about knives to strengthen his ability to deliver strong reviews, and has devoted an increasing amount of time to political discourse. Unfortunate.

Last edited:
Jdavis882 has to be my favorite. I get email notifications every time he uploads a video, that's how addicted I am to that guys videos. I really appreciate his perspective on things, he comes at it from a different angle so to speak.

edgeobserver posts the most pro vids out of them all (not so much the reviews more of are general data but visually nothing compares)

anyone who doesn't spend the first 5 minutes of the video just talking with their camera pointed at an empty table

Stefan Schmalhaus & MrDagon007 no contest... Archman should also be mentioned

Archman's reviews aren't as frequent or prolific as aforementioned reviewers, but I always enjoy the reviews since they're all about knives he has carried and used as part of his own evolution of knife collecting. Some knives he has reviewed aren't ones I'd personally contemplate buying, but every review has details that come from personal use and not simply from pounding the blade through a log.

X4CTO (kinda getting on the adult-friendly side lol), and definately jdavis882, I like his outspoken opinions that are usually, correct.

Just for good knife channels I like Cutlerylover, Jdavis882, tuffthumbz, Kalashnikov12345, terafantic, Sherman614, the next archer, xiuxiu1313, the philapplication, gavkoo, victorinoxfan, and there are many more great channels.

Back