Favorite Rimfires

GB940Rookie

Gold Member
Went target shooting this weekend with my friends of many years. We started shooting regularly together about 10 years ago. When we first started, neither of my two buddies owned any rimfires. They have many centerfire pistols, revolvers and rifles.

I always take a .22 rifle and pistol to my buddy's range but I could hardly ever get them to shoot my little mouse guns.

Fast forward 10yrs and what a difference. Our range time consisted of shooting nothing but rimfires for over 4 hours.:)
At some point I looked down at our make shift table and just laughed. Not a centerfire in sight.
vmdcp8w.jpg

So, show your favorite rimfires. Here's mine.
kxuZM8d.jpg

CZ 452 Varmint, Leupold 6-20x

Ruger 10/22 Takedown, Leupold 4x

Ruger Mk II

Last edited:
I don't have a picture of it, but I love my Browning BL-22 that I received as a Christmas present in the '70s. I've put a lot of rounds through that rifle. For a while I was shooting it so much that I could hit skeet and thrown snowballs with it.

I don't have a picture of it, but I love my Browning BL-22 that I received as a Christmas present in the '70s. I've put a lot of rounds through that rifle. For a while I was shooting it so much that I could hit skeet and thrown snowballs with it.
I would love to see a picture of that one sometime. I grew up shooting an early '60s Winchester pump.

As teens, my one brother had the Browning BL-22 and he liked it a lot. At that time, I was shooting a Mossberg 351C semi 22. My first 22 rifle after I stated working was a Weatherby Mark XXII (semi).

My favorites include; Remington 541-S, Remington 547, and TC Classic Silver Lynx. Honorable Mention to the Weatherby Mark XXII (bolt).

I love my rimfires too !
Ruger 10/22s and the Ruger MK series are where it's at !
Now I just gotta decide which MKIV to get.
I'll try to get some pics in here soon.

Left to right: Marlin 795, Browning BL-22, Ruger 10/22

Of the 3 the Marlin 795 is the most accurate. All I've done to it is spray paint the black stock with tan Krylon paint and add an aftermarket peep sight. Currently trying to figure out how to add a red dot sight without removing the peep sights. If I can figure that out it will be my favorite. Biggest pain is finding mags.

The BL-22 was a pawn shop find for $250. The old Browning marked Redfield rimfire scope on it could sell for almost the same. Scope is 4X and OK in clarity, but the bigger 1" tube scopes look wrong on the BL-22. Rifle is somewhat ammo finicky & the trigger is only OK. Hardly shoot it anymore as my left-handed boy usually claims it.

The Ruger 10/22 was another pawn shop find and mostly bought as a platform to tinker with. So far I've only put the Ruger synthetic stock & a Simmons 3X9X32AO rimfire scope on it. Trigger needs work. I've got a trigger kit somewhere and a part to change the wonky factory bolt release. Lack of time & hot summer outdoor ranges has not motivated me enough to fiddle with them. As it's set-up now I am getting around inch groups at 50 yards. OK, but with a few improvements I expect it to get better. Thing that scares me with 10/22s it is easy to go off the rails and dump a lot of cash into them.

Rimfires.jpg

Attachments

• Rimfires.jpg
    Rimfires.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1
I had a BL-22 left to me when my father passed away. It was in excellent condition. Beautiful. I gifted it to my nephew and his father(my brother) sold it, more than likely, for drugs. Asshole

Have a Savage Mark II Classic (American) with the walnut stock that I haven't mounted a scope on yet... been a number of years now and I keep forgetting about it. It's real nice.

One of my favorite handguns. Over the years it's been responsible for countless small game and many dollar bills from guys who had no idea of the accuracy a scoped .22 Ruger Mk II.

Very nice fishiker. I've always been a fan of the slab side barrels.

Funny, ive been shooting for 40+ years and never shot a scoped handgun.

Very nice fishiker. I've always been a fan of the slab side barrels.

Funny, ive been shooting for 40+ years and never shot a scoped handgun.
Years ago I decided to get serious about hunting with a handgun. A scope improved my accuracy and increased my confidence at longer distances. Now my 50+ year old eyes need that little extra edge in the woods.

Years ago I decided to get serious about hunting with a handgun. A scope improved my accuracy and increased my confidence at longer distances. Now my 50+ year old eyes need that little extra edge in the woods.
I hear you about the 50+ eyes:)
When I was much younger I thought scopes were for people who couldn't shoot very well. Now I'm slapping a scope or red dot on everything :D

Smith 18-2:

9Vk89qq.jpg

Ruger Bearcat and Henry Large Loop:

qqMK6Qi.jpg

The Henry is .22 Mag:

eVUASx9.jpg

The Bearcat is a perfect horseback gun:

u5hDYTV.jpg

Back